Roy Firestone

George Sherrill defends "ex teammates"

It's really ncie hearing somethign like this from a player that was on the Orioles. We hear the usual "what a poorly run organization" or "no attitude" about the O's.

It's ncie to see this from Sherrill, and he's totally right. This writer sounds like an (insert your favorite expletive here).

Agreed 100%.

In a L.A. Times column in Los Angeles this morning, Ex Orioles closer George Sherrill took exception to a joke by Times Page 2 columnist T.J. Simers(a mostly tongue and cheek sarcastic style column).

In the column, Simers jokingly told Sherrill that the Orioles were eliminated from contention BEFORE the season began.

To which Sherrill replied(with an apparent expletive)"Those are my ex teammates and friends you are talking about".

He then blew off Simers and ended the interview.

Just thought youd like to know.

If you werent a fan of George in the past...maybe you should be now.

Way To Go Sheriff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wedge::):clap3:

I love him!!!!:)

We need to try to get Flat Breezy back here. We need guys like him! :cussing:

To Mr. Simers: perhaps if you'd show Mr. Sherrill some respect instead of talking to him like some imbecile, he'd grant you an interview. He's not obligated to speak with you or tolerate your drivel, including characterizing him as "Lonesome". How about several of us e-mail you and call you "Idiot" Simers?

I love how you think!!!!!!!!!!:wedge:

I think we should ALL e mail this guy:mad:

GS is awesome. :) That's great for him to stand up for his former teammates. That reporter sounds like a massive tool and depending on how well liked GS is by his current teammates (and it sounds like they all like him a lot), that tool may have a hard time talking to any of the other Dodgers for a while (especially the bullpen guys).

Rock on Flat Breezy! :D

My email to him and his response:

to t.j.simers@latimes.com

date Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

subject Bush League

mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 5:39 PM (19 minutes ago)

Your a no talent hack. How about that, no obscenities to upset your fragile sensibilities. They say "those that can't do teach", but in your case I guess it should read "those that can't do write about others who can".

Your team is lucky to have a stand up guy like Sherrill.

Simers, T.J. <T.J.Simers@latimes.com>

date Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM

subject Re: Bush League

hide details 5:53 PM (6 minutes ago)

He's a jerk and not very smart

What an asshat!

That poor paper. They get rid of their good columnist (J.A. Adande), and are stuck with Simers and Bill Plashke. And Simers makes Plashke look like John Steadman, which is hard to do.

And 1983, I think you're lucky you got that positive a response.

My email to him and his response:

to t.j.simers@latimes.com

date Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM

subject Bush League

mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 5:39 PM (19 minutes ago)

Your a no talent hack. How about that, no obscenities to upset your fragile sensibilities. They say "those that can't do teach", but in your case I guess it should read "those that can't do write about others who can".

Your team is lucky to have a stand up guy like Sherrill.

Simers, T.J. <T.J.Simers@latimes.com>

date Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM

subject Re: Bush League

hide details 5:53 PM (6 minutes ago)

He's a jerk and not very smart

What an asshat!

Not that your message was particularly well spoken, but his was even worse. That's all he had to say? I'm betting he's had to respond to a lot of this recently.

In a L.A. Times column in Los Angeles this morning, Ex Orioles closer George Sherrill took exception to a joke by Times Page 2 columnist T.J. Simers(a mostly tongue and cheek sarcastic style column).

In the column, Simers jokingly told Sherrill that the Orioles were eliminated from contention BEFORE the season began.

To which Sherrill replied(with an apparent expletive)"Those are my ex teammates and friends you are talking about".

He then blew off Simers and ended the interview.

Just thought youd like to know.

If you werent a fan of George in the past...maybe you should be now.

I have always liked George once he donned an O's uniform and always will after. He is a very standup guy and I would take him back in a heartbeat. This just illustrated it perfectly.

Not that your message was particularly well spoken, but his was even worse. That's all he had to say? I'm betting he's had to respond to a lot of this recently.

I may not be eloquent, but I did get my point across. He should have taken his issue up with George. He should not have tried to disparage the intelligence of a man in a National paper because of a personal slight.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

I may not be eloquent, but I did get my point across. He should have taken his issue up with George. He should not have tried to disparage the intelligence of a man in a National paper because of a personal slight.

Just my opinion.

I agree 100% with what you said about him and what you say now.

It's just sad that sometimes no talent hacks can get jobs at reuputable places.