Tank

Got Engaged Today

Okay...where does SG work that he is selling these rings? Am I the only one on the OH who DIDN'T get my rings from SG? :scratchchinhmm:

No, you are not the only one! I bought and got married before I even knew who SG was!!!! Even though we read his stuff on the OH, I am not sure we really know SG....... :scratchchinhmm:

But anyway, Congrats to the both of you!

Yes Tank, it was a great story.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to Sports Guy I was able to make my now fiance happier than I've ever seen her. I proposed to her while we were at a pumpkin patch picking out which ones we wanted to carve. She absolutely loved the ring. If anybody is ever on the look for jewelry I would strongly suggest asking Sports Guy.

Hard to believe I'll be getting married sometime in 2011... Hopefully the Orioles are a winning team by then.

Absolutely awesome! Congratulations sir!

Thanks to Sports Guy I was able to make my now fiance happier than I've ever seen her. I proposed to her while we were at a pumpkin patch picking out which ones we wanted to carve. She absolutely loved the ring. If anybody is ever on the look for jewelry I would strongly suggest asking Sports Guy.

Hard to believe I'll be getting married sometime in 2011... Hopefully the Orioles are a winning team by then.

Congrats Tank!!!

Okay...where does SG work that he is selling these rings? Am I the only one on the OH who DIDN'T get my rings from SG? :scratchchinhmm:

I don't remember where he works, but he sent me a couple of PM's when I announced that we were going to upgrade my wife's engagement ring and get married. They were all polite offers to just give him a call. I told him what we were getting and for how much, and he said, "I can do MUCH better than that. Come see me!" Like I said, I was still apprehensive about dealing with people I'd met online, so we chose to go with Laikens Jewelers in Fell's Point. It's where my grandfather bought my grandmother's engagement ring, my father bought my mom's ring there, and both of our families had accounts open there across 3 generations.

Unfortunately Laikens sold to the development company that was going to revitalize that stretch of Broadway, so they're gone. I also found out after the fact that Sports Guy wasn't yanking my chain. Satisfied customer after satisfied customer have come back here since then to say, "Wow! He was WAY better than anyone else we dealt with! Couldn't beat the price or the quality!"

I can't say that the wife and I are necessarily kicking ourselves because there was some sentimentality in our decision, but like I said...we're callin' SG when she's due for an upgrade!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the positive feedback, jokes and all. :D

Yeah - just remember it might take a couple of times to get it right (I finally did so with wife #3!) but lots of love this time and may it be the right one for both of you! :clap3::)

He is WAY better than anyone that I was able to compair to. Very Honest and dependable. He is Co-Owner of a gold and jewelry store. A little off the beaten track but I used my GPS and it was no sweat at all. Free Parking. :D

He is WAY better than anyone that I was able to compair to. Very Honest and dependable. He is Co-Owner of a gold and jewelry store. A little off the beaten track but I used my GPS and it was no sweat at all. Free Parking. :D

I parked at the shopping center down the street and walked up...but yeah, if SG was a seller on ebay, he would get a A++++++.

I can't say that the wife and I are necessarily kicking ourselves because there was some sentimentality in our decision, but like I said...we're callin' SG <s>when she's due for an upgrade</s> next time I do something really stupid!

There you go...

Thanks.

Well shes been really excited for Halloween for whatever reason (I don't like it) and really wanted to go pick pumpkins so after I got the ring I told her we should go do that the next day we both had off. When we were walking down the path towards the pumpkins I said "I didn't bring you here just to pick pumpkins" and got out the ring. She started freaking out a little bit, then I asked her if she would marry me. She knew it was coming soon, but she was completely surprised. I wanted to pretend I was kneeling down looking at a pumpkin and then do it, but I was pretty nervous so I just decided to do it a little earlier than planned.

AWWWWWWWWWW

That is so sweet:)

You made me cry!:002_scry:

Fuh REAL! I just figured SG was a bot created by Tony. I'm in the market soon myself. I live on the Eastern Shore, but I could give him a visit.

Fuh REAL! I just figured SG was a bot created by Tony. I'm in the market soon myself. I live on the Eastern Shore, but I could give him a visit.

I've never dealt with him personally, but yeah. SG's a fully reputable dealer. I've read plenty enough on here to know that he is hooked in. And all accounts are that he had better deals for better stones, every time. ;)

Just an observer...