Sign in to follow this  
YardBirds13

ACC Discussion Thread

Probably? They need AT LEAST 6 more wins. Their OOC schedule was really weak, so getting to 9-7 wouldn't even gurantee them a tourney spot right now. Tonight would be a big step in the right direction tonight for Tech.

I think UNC puts Ginyard on Delaney and says enough already. If you lock down Delaney, Tech is very beatable. Ginyard can do that.

I think both road teams win in the later games tonight.

VT has set themselves up pretty well in the last week. A road win tonight at NC State puts them at 6-3. With 7 games remaining, 4 of which are at home, they should have a very good opportunity to get to at least 9-7. Really looking forward to the UVA game in Cassell this weekend.

Their schedule really has been absurdly weak, both in and out of conference. Non conference schedule is ranked 346/347 teams on ESPN. In the ACC its just as bad. We play the bottom 4 teams in the current standings twice. Everyone else, with the exception of UVA, we play only once. I am thankful we don't have to make the trip to College Park this year, though that would have been my only chance to see them live.

Another tough loss for the 'Hoos tonight. We were winning down the stetch, but once again we couldn't hold on to the lead. That was a very important game for us.

UVA has lost 4 ACC games....2 each to Wake and VT...two in overtime and one other that came down to the final minute...Oh, what could have been...

1-5 in games decided by 5 points or less.

1-5 in games decided by 5 points or less.

That sums it up.

I just have to keep telling myself that this team wasn't supposed to win ANYTHING.

Hell, Lunardi still has us as the "Next 4 Out" in his most recent bracket. The fact that we are one of the first 8 teams just on the outside of the tournament is amazing considering what we expected this year.

With everything we have coming back and coming in next year, with another year of Coach Bennett, I can't help but be excited about the future.

And if we can steal a win in CP tonight, I'll be pretty damn excited about the present too.

That sums it up.

I just have to keep telling myself that this team wasn't supposed to win ANYTHING.

Hell, Lunardi still has us as the "Next 4 Out" in his most recent bracket. The fact that we are one of the first 8 teams just on the outside of the tournament is amazing considering what we expected this year.

With everything we have coming back and coming in next year, with another year of Coach Bennett, I can't help but be excited about the future.

And if we can steal a win in CP tonight, I'll be pretty damn excited about the present too.

Yea...you may be the 5th or 6th best team in the conference for one year!!! :D

Yea...you may be the 5th or 6th best team in the conference for one year!!! :D

Very funny.

I have pretty high hopes that UVA will be the third best team in the ACC next year behind Duke and Carolina.

Very funny.

I have pretty high hopes that UVA will be the third best team in the ACC next year behind Duke and Carolina.

Off the top of my head, MD should claim that role next year, although they may be a year away from being #3 since they will be young.

Off the top of my head, MD should claim that role next year, although they may be a year away from being #3 since they will be young.

MD's freshmen guards better be really good if they expect to claim that role. They lose Vasquez and Hayes, not to mention Milbourne. Anyone who thinks Adrian Bowie is an ACC-caliber starting PG is crazy.

I actually think VT is in a better position next year than MD.

MD's freshmen guards better be really good if they expect to claim that role. They lose Vasquez and Hayes, not to mention Milbourne. Anyone who thinks Adrian Bowie is an ACC-caliber starting PG is crazy.

I actually think VT is in a better position next year than MD.

Assuming Delaney stays (and I think he will), VT is in the mix at the top of the ACC. They lose nobody and add Chaney, a top 75 player who transferred from Florida.

I think VT will be very strong next season.

Assuming Delaney stays (and I think he will), VT is in the mix at the top of the ACC. They lose nobody and add Chaney, a top 75 player who transferred from Florida.

I think VT will be very strong next season.

Where would he go?

Delaney is a tremendous college player, but he isn't an NBA guy.

He was very visibly frustrated Saturday night against UVA when he wasn't getting a lot of the calls that go his way. Apparently the refs told him "Stop Flopping", which as much as I love Delaney as a player, is a big criticism against him. He flops to get calls. And gets frustrated when he doesn't get them.

I'm with you though, I expect Tech to be in the top half of the ACC next year. Duke and Carolina should be head and shoulders above everyone next year, especially if Ed Davis stays in Chapel Hill, which is looking more and more likely after this wrist injury.

While he is a very good player, Malcom Delaney is not going anywhere. He is not ready for the NBA. He is projected to be a point guard in the league because he is only 6'3. His FG% is way to low his, he has to many turnovers, and is not strong enough for the league among other things. Many draft projection websites either have him to being a late selection in the second round or most likely going undrafted.

Welp, so much for stealing a win at Maryland. UVA slept through that game, and are now 5-5 in the ACC. Obviously FSU at home on Wednesday is a must win. They'll probably lose at Clemson.

That puts them at 6-6. They would have to win their final 4 to have a chance. At BC and at Miami certainly are games they could win. Then they have Duke and Maryland at home. While Duke and Maryland are better teams (Duke is much better), I could see UVA knocking them off in Charlottesville.

Going into the ACC tournament at 10-6 would certainly make things interesting, especially if they had a win over Duke in their pocket. Anything less than that for UVA and it's to the NIT, but with a nice first season for Coach Bennett under wraps, and the best recruiting class in a long time coming into Charlottesville.

Welp, so much for stealing a win at Maryland. UVA slept through that game, and are now 5-5 in the ACC. Obviously FSU at home on Wednesday is a must win. They'll probably lose at Clemson.

That puts them at 6-6. They would have to win their final 4 to have a chance. At BC and at Miami certainly are games they could win. Then they have Duke and Maryland at home. While Duke and Maryland are better teams (Duke is much better), I could see UVA knocking them off in Charlottesville.

Going into the ACC tournament at 10-6 would certainly make things interesting, especially if they had a win over Duke in their pocket. Anything less than that for UVA and it's to the NIT, but with a nice first season for Coach Bennett under wraps, and the best recruiting class in a long time coming into Charlottesville.

How do you see the ACC shaping up the rest of the way in terms of ACC tourney seedings 1-12?