fansince1988

O's to charge extra for tickets purchased on game day

Are you trying to trump me by saying you've been to 8 games at OPACY since 2003?

Dude, I go to more games than that in a week.

How many of those games did you drive down from Maine and buy a ticket for the game when you got there?

Edited by Kevin Lomax
)

Are you trying to trump me by saying you've been to 8 games since 2003?

How many of those games did you drive down from Maine and buy a ticket for the game when you got there?

No you are making it seem like I never go to games, but I fly down from Maine to see the Orioles once a year.

And last year my wife and I actually bought tickets on a day I didn't even intend to go to a game as we were going to the Hangout Night game a few days later. We just decided to do it on the spur of the moment while we were in the Inner Harbor for the day.

Theres no need to question fandom here. We are all Orioles fans, no matter what difference of opinions we have or how many games we go to.

Are you trying to trump me by saying you've been to 8 games at OPACY since 2003?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5qsk0pc6Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5qsk0pc6Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Upvote 1

No you are making it seem like I never go to games, but I fly down from Maine to see the Orioles once a year.

And last year my wife and I actually bought tickets on a day I didn't even intend to go to a game as we were going to the Hangout Night game a few days later. We just decided to do it on the spur of the moment while we were in the Inner Harbor for the day.

Theres no need to question fandom here. We are all Orioles fans, no matter what difference of opinions we have or how many games we go to.

I'm not questioning your fandom, this time.

I'm saying that you are arguing a point that you have no business arguing. I think that's the boards consensus. Even your Clark Kent has said you should give this one up.

This thread is for those of us who will be affected by the latest move by the front office. We need all the server space we can have to discuss how to make our feces sparkle the best.

You may be excused from the table Trea.

Edited by Kevin Lomax
) Smiley!

They aren't discouraging it...they are just trying to profit from it more.

The simple fact that we are talking about it, will discourage many people from walking up and buying tickets.

The simple fact that we are talking about it, will discourage many people from walking up and buying tickets.

It really won't. I am willing to wager that most actual "walk-up" sales are not in very expensive seats. So for those people we are talking another dollar.

One buck will not curtail your average baseball attendee.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Based on a search earlier today, I believe his statement was about the signing period that ended in June 2019.     But that was based on my interpretation of posts by you that were in the time period during that cycle.    I couldn’t find Elias’s actual statement.        
    • For Manny Machado we received from the Dodgers-- overall grade: B B (A-) : 21-year old OF Yusniel Diaz A (B+) : 22-year old RHSP Dean Kremer C+ (C) : 22-year old 3B/2B Rylan Bannon B- (C+) : 21-year old RHRP Zach Pop F (D): 26-year old UTIL Breyvic Valera  This deal could still come out solid if Diaz blossoms.  Kremer's emergence makes me feel much better about 2021's rotation. We will probably know what Bannon is by this time next year.  Maybe he makes Alberto expendable.  I am still very high on Pop.  I think he could be a big piece of the bullpen if he comes back healthy.  Not a bad potential haul and we will probably know what we have from this deal by the end of 2021. For Zach Britton we received from the Yankees-- overall grade: C- B+ (C) : 24-year old RHSP Dillon Tate D (C): 25-year old RHRP Cody Carroll C- (B-) : 24-year old LHSP Josh Rogers I am actually happy with this deal.  I think Tate is for real in the bullpen.  I still like Cody Carroll's frame and potential.  I think he gets one more year.  Josh Rogers could be a guy next season. We kind of forget about him, but he performed well in the high minors before we got him.  Who knows how much of that is injury related, so we don't know what to expect when he gets back as he has had a lot of off time to study the analytics side that Elias has brought.  We'll know what we have by this time next year. For Kevin Gausman we received from the Braves-- C D (C-) : 20-year old 3B Jean Carlos Encarnacion D (C-) : 23-year old Catcher Brett Cumberland C+ (D+) : 23-year old LHSP Bruce Zimmerman B (C+) : 23-year old RHRP Evan Phillips Bruce will compete for a starting 5 spot next season and Phillips may have turned a corner.  Who knows what Jean Carlos Encarnacion has been working on, but you know Elias has probably put his data/analytics crew, mental skills guys, and instructors on him.  Cumberland was getting some positive remarks towards the end of last season I believe.  He seems like an OBP guy, but we will probably know what we have in him by the end of next season.  Encarnacion is the one that may take a couple more seasons to see if we are going to get a return. For Jonathan Schoop we received from the Brewers-- C- F (C) : 22-year old RHSP Luis Ortiz D (C- 😞 18-year old SS Jean Carmona B (B) : 27-year old Infielder Jonathan Villar To me, this is the dud in the long term.  Is Ortiz still in the organization?  If so, maybe Elias' guys can work some magic.  I think Carmona is still in the organization, but I haven't seen his name in a while.  We are probably a few seasons away from seeing whether we get a return on him.  I guess Villar's return is now represented by the infamous Easton Lucas, although I do see value in having him on the squad last year to assist in the development process.
    • What akes you so confident Phillips is a dud?  He's nothing incredibly special, but could be a solid middle reliever for the Orioles.
    • Means era 5.02still not good but that whip of 1.088 is very impressive.  The numbers don’t reflect the improvement in stuff an actually I am more confident in him after this year because of the uptick in fastball.  He went from possible back end of the rotation guy to a two or three on a contending team.
    • You found a team that wants Cobb?  You should let Elias know.
    • Means Akin Kremer and who? Cobb will be moved in the off-season, which opens a spot. Next spring will be exciting.
  • Popular Contributors