Oh for Pete's sake, it might not even be that serious. They didn't pull him off the field until 2 pitches into Andino's at bat, so they were clearly either/or on taking him out and edged towards caution. Let's wait until the team actually SAYS he's injured at least before we go through this crud.

He had homered and tripled....bad luck for him.

Hopefully he doesn't miss much, if any, time.

He needs to show what he can do..can't do that on the bench.

From what I've read on Roch and Schmuck's blogs, it doesn't seem like the injury is too serious. *knock on wood* That said, what is up with all these athletes pulling up lame while running the bases? You'd think that they would be fully stretched before games and have an adequate workout program that include work on their hammys.

He had homered and tripled....bad luck for him.

Hopefully he doesn't miss much, if any, time.

He needs to show what he can do..can't do that on the bench.

The man has an OPS of 4500 and you still aren't convinced? What more does he need to show you? :D

• Upvote 1

Last year Pie would do this stuff. He's like a soccer player, playing up his injuries. A few minutes later, he'd be fine.

Calm down, Scorpio, before you give this place a heart attack.

Reimold held out of games because they don't want to test his achilles, Pie hurts his leg in his 2nd AB of the spring.....this is why I totally disagree with anyone who thinks we have a "logjam" in our OF. Injuries happen. I want options.

This is silly.

What are you talking about?

He pulled up lame...he had to come out of the game.

Of course this is going to be mentioned and he obviously has some kind of leg injury, whether minor or not.

No one has said anything over the top...I have no idea what the 2 posts you have made in this thread are supposed to mean but they seem to be pretty over the top.

Some guys are just too fast for their own good and naturally have hamstring problems. Even with stretching you are still vulnerable when you run as fast as Pie does.

From what I've read on Roch and Schmuck's blogs, it doesn't seem like the injury is too serious. *knock on wood* That said, what is up with all these athletes pulling up lame while running the bases? You'd think that they would be fully stretched before games and have an adequate workout program that include work on their hammys.

Some of the best-conditioned athletes are also among the most prone to muscle tweaks. You get to a point that the muscles are being stressed and stretched at the limit of what they can take.

World-class sprinters deal with strains and pulls all the time. And you don't get any better-conditioned or better-stretched than that.

Thoroughbreds go lame way more often than the horse pulling a cart. Pie is a thoroughbred.

I read a study about how baseball and football players are more prone to pulled hamstrings and quads because they go from still to full tilt over and over, whereas basketball or soccer players are usually moving, even if it's a slow jog, almost constantly.