Frobby

What non-ACC programs do you like or hate?

Ones I like:

Georgetown - I'm a season ticket holder though I have no connection to the school.

Ohio State - both my parents went there.

Ones I hate:

UConn - I think they are a dirty program.

Kentucky - Ditto, and I never liked Calipari even before he got there.

Kansas - Don't ask me why, I just think being the best team in the Big 12 isn't saying much. Hate's probably too harsh a word, but I root against them.

As a kid, I loved the Wooden-coached UCLA teams. I'm neutral to slightly biased against them now, because Pac 10 basketball bites.

As a kid, I liked Cincinnati...not sure why though.

Now I root for MD schools. Morgan ST is in the NCAA so I will be pulling for them. Other than that I root for the smaller schools, the underdogs. That run that George Mason and Davidson made a few years back was pretty fun to watch. Southern Illinois too.

I love it when smaller schools make a run that no one expects.

Like:

Villanova-Loved seeing little Rollie Massimino running around like a lunatic as a kid.

Temple-Mom went there

Towson-Wife's alma mater

Iowa-No rhyme or reason, I just rooted for them when I was younger

Dislike:

Wherever Calipari is

Wherever Donovan is

No other programs really bother me. It's more players and coaches.

Like:

Villanova-Loved seeing little Rollie Massimino running around like a lunatic as a kid.

Temple-Mom went there

Towson-Wife's alma mater

Iowa-No rhyme or reason, I just rooted for them when I was younger

Dislike:

Wherever Calipari is

Wherever Donovan is

No other programs really bother me. It's more players and coaches.

I'll take your dislikes and add:

Wherever Huggins goes

Ohio State (when they knocked out Towson...I started hating them...when I was 11, I thought Towson could win.)

Wisconsin (like Bo Ryan)

Minnesota (like Tubby)

Gtown

Towson (sisters went there)

I don't really dislike any non ACC team.

But, like Beaner, I dislike coaches and players..although I don't know of any player that jump out at me now...But I have never been a huge Calhoun or Calipari fan.

Its amazing to think of the recruits that Calipari can get...I mean, let's not forget that he was supposed to have Xavier Henry, to go along with Wall and Cousins at Memphis this year before he left and took the Kentucky job...Then, he was also supposed to have the Morris twins that are at Kansas...And of course, he has had Evans, Rose, etc....And you are getting that at Memphis? Something just isn't right.

Of course, I have a belief that shady stuff is going on at every school...Calipari is just shadier, that's all.

I'll take your dislikes and add:

Wherever Huggins goes

Ohio State (when they knocked out Towson...I started hating them...when I was 11, I thought Towson could win.)

Wisconsin (like Bo Ryan)

Minnesota (like Tubby)

Gtown

Towson (sisters went there)

Good call on Tubby, I like him too.

I remember the Towson/Ohio State game well...The year before, Towson gave Oklahoma a great run as a #16...Set the Sooners up to be upset by the #8 seeded Tar Heels...Good times!!

I like Syracuse, although I don't have them going very far this year. My parents are from upstate NY and my uncles are big Syracuse fans.

My childhood best friend was a huge 'Nova fan so I like them a bit too, although not over Syracuse. Jay Wright is a fantastic coach, too, so I like him.

I hate any team coached by John Calipari. What will happen if Kentucky wins this championship and then they end up vacating it as everyone knows will definitely happen? Would the runner up become the champ? How the NCAA allows this sleazeball to continue to work is beyond me. I think if you have to vacate two Final 4 appearances, that should be a lifetime ban.

There are coaches I like and hate more than programs, really. I love Tubby Smith and think he's a fantastic coach, although I won't really be pulling for Minnesota. Bo Ryan and Bruce Pearl are two other coaches I tend to like. Bill Self and Bob Huggins are guys I don't like.

And as always, I'll become a huge fan during the tournament of whatever tiny schools I've picked to pull big upsets.

I've always liked St. John's, Temple, Tulane, Xavier, Syracuse, and out here I root for Cal. I mostly dislike the big schools you guys do. Always kind of liked Georgetown too.

I am surprised to see Terp supporters liking Nova...the team that has been dubbed the Duke of the north.
Who calls them that?

And they probably mean it more in terms of their success and reliance on the three-point shot. Not their overall doucheyness as a program and the lameness of their students.

• Upvote 1

I've always liked St. John's, Temple, Tulane, Xavier, Syracuse, and out here I root for Cal. I mostly dislike the big schools you guys do. Always kind of liked Georgetown too.

I would except for that they're sooooo overhyped on ESPN, you know, since they love New York so much..;)

Who calls them that?

And they probably mean it more in terms of their success and reliance on the three-point shot. Not their overall doucheyness as a program and the lameness of their students.

Actually, its their elitism that causes them to be called that.

I didn't know this at all until the Nova/Duke game last year...Apparently their students are very similar acting to your stereotypical Duke student and it annoys many in the north.

They talked about this a lot during the game last March.

Actually, its their elitism that causes them to be called that.

I didn't know this at all until the Nova/Duke game last year...Apparently their students are very similar acting to your stereotypical Duke student and it annoys many in the north.

They talked about this a lot during the game last March.

Hmm, interesting. I only know one girl from my HS who went to Villanova, and I could definitely see someone thinking she was an elitist snob.

Having said that, two of my best friends in the world went to Duke, so who knows.

3 people should certainly be enough to judge an entire fanbase on, right? :)

Hmm, interesting. I only know one girl from my HS who went to Villanova, and I could definitely see someone thinking she was an elitist snob.

Having said that, two of my best friends in the world went to Duke, so who knows.

3 people should certainly be enough to judge an entire fanbase on, right? :)

Sure..it only takes one Boston or NY fan, right?

I don't like any program other than Maryland, but some hat I root for:

-Arizona (had a good time on vacation in Arizona)

-South Carolina(Same)

-Maryland's smaller schools

- Richmond (I think they had a player form hoco a frew years ago, and cool mascot)

-NCAT- best student section ever.

Dislikes:

-Georgetown (steals Maryland's recruits, dirty program, GT3 hates Gary and refuses to play him)

- Kansas (Hate how a corn state has a good basketball program)

- UCONN (dirty)

- Wherever Callipari goes

- West Virginia (Huggins and enough said about the state!)

I would put Saracuse/Gonzaga except for Gary being good friends with Boheim and Few.