Sign in to follow this  
O's are Legends

It’s time! Upsets, live look in, news, it’s March Madness! (In game, pre & post game)

Doubt it. Duke just beat a very good Baylor team. One that would have waxed WVU.

I think Baylor is a very good team, I disagree that they would have "waxed" WVU.

WOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :beerchug1::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::awesome::excited::clap::clap3:

Congrats to your boys...Decent group of kids who have never been this far.. Happy for Nolan Smith, his Dad would be proud.

Congrats to your boys...Decent group of kids who have never been this far.. Happy for Nolan Smith, his Dad would be proud.

Thanks.

I will tell you what...NO FREAKING WAY Duke has a chance to win this game last year, especially when you consider Singler's lack of scoring.

Udoh is a beast btw.

How bad is WVU going to beat duke? By 15+ is my guess.

I think WVU wins the game but it will be close. WVU doesn't blow out anyone. But I think being the tougher team both mentally and physically will make the difference.

While I'm about as anti Duke as one can be I'm glad they won today. If WVU is going to pull off winning a championship knocking of two #1s is a good way to do it.

Baylor is not "very good" Solid, good athletes, but incredibly dumb and not a good shooting/shooting defense team.

Since when is .488 from the floor and .388 from 3 a bad shooting team?

I think WVU wins the game but it will be close. WVU doesn't blow out anyone. But I think being the tougher team both mentally and physically will make the difference.

While I'm about as anti Duke as one can be I'm glad they won today. If WVU is going to pull off winning a championship knocking of two #1s is a good way to do it.

They may be equal here but to think WV holds the edge is homerism, especially mentally.

They may be equal here but to think WV holds the edge is homerism, especially mentally.

I think the loss of WVU pg is going to come into play in this battle. WVU doesn't shoot FTs well enough to win this battle, IMO. I think it will come down to that as close as it is going to be.

Should be a great match up.

I think the loss of WVU pg is going to come into play in this battle. WVU doesn't shoot FTs well enough to win this battle, IMO. I think it will come down to that as close as it is going to be.

Should be a great match up.

That is my biggest fear about the game. And I'm not sure what to make of the talk that Truck may play with a broken foot against Duke. I don't know if that would be a net positive or net negative.

Since when is .488 from the floor and .388 from 3 a bad shooting team?

This game they shot 27.8% from three. And their zone was not working.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• You’re going to eat those words.    
    • Is it wrong to make a choice that will work out in your favor 99% of the time, and there's no way to tell if this particular choice is the 1%? At 33: Carlos Delgado had a 161 OPS+.  Over his last four years of his career he was worth 4.8 wins. Jack Clark had a 148 OPS+.  Three years later he was done. Derrek Lee had a 146 OPS+.  Two years later he was an Oriole... and done. Pedro Guerrero had a 145 OPS+.  The next season would be his last with average batting numbers. Aubrey Huff had a 142 OPS+.  He never had a 100 again. Lance Berkman had a 140 OPS+. He'd have two more pretty good seasons. John Olerud had a 140 OPS+.  After that he played 214 games with a 98 OPS+. Jeff Bagwell had a 140 OPS+.  He actually had three more good years before falling off and retiring. Mike Easler had a 140 OPS+.  He had one more .800 OPS season. Cecil Cooper had a 138 OPS+.  He had one more season where he was an average or better hitter. Don Baylor had a 138 OPS+ (actually at 34).  He had one more season with an .800 OPS. George Hendrick had a 138 OPS+.  He had one more part-time season with an .800 OPS. Andre Thornton had a 123.  He's have one more good year. Adrian Gonzalez had a 130 OPS+.  Since then he's gone .784, .642, .672. Dmitri Young had a 129 OPS+.  The next year would be his last. Then you have Nelson Cruz and David Ortiz at 137.  Cruz has a .928 OPS and been worth 21 wins since leaving Baltimore.  And Ortiz had perhaps the best late career hitting and phone smashing record of all time. Also, remember Cruz was born July 1st, on the cutoff date, so if he'd been born 12 hours later his walk year with the O's would have been his age 34 season, so we'd be comparing him to these guys a year later and a year worse.
    • Happy 4th to all here at the Hangout!   May you have a safe and restful day with your family!   Best, Johnny    
    • Not having Bundy is addition by subtraction, IMO.
    • Thank you.  Although Frobby did have a good point in the article he linked.  Bonilla is getting the equivalent of an 8% return, which is not too far off the historical rate of the stock market.  So he would have been quite lucky to have gotten a lot better return than what he's receiving now.
    • #50THANNIVERSARY #4THOFJULY On this day in 1970 the Baltimore Orioles lost to the Detroit Tigers 6-5.  The Tigers broke out the fireworks in the 9th inning when they scored 5 runs off of the combination of Dave McNally, Dick Hall and Pete Richert.  Richert gave up homeruns to Norm Cash and Mickey Stanley to take the loss. Don Buford went 2 for 4 with 1 run scored and 2 RBI and Davey Johnson went 2 for 4 with 1 run scored for the Birds. BOX SCORE  
    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970 the Baltimore Orioles shutout the Detroit Tigers 4-0 behind Mike Cuellar's 4 hit complete game effort.  Cuellar walked 1 and struck out 3 while allowing doubles to both Willie Horton and Dick McAuliffe. Brooks Robinson went 2 for 3 with 1 run scored and Davey Johnson went 2 for 4 for the Birds. BOX SCORE 
  • Popular Contributors