Sign in to follow this  
Sanfran327

We've got to be overwhelming Cup favorites... right?

lol

Kovi is by far the best Devil. I can't wait to beat down the Caps in the playoffs. Hopefully the Flyers don't knock you guys out in the 1st round.

After yesterday I would say I hope the Devils don't play the Flyers either.;)

After yesterday I would say I hope the Devils don't play the Flyers either.;)

I certainly don't want the Devils to play them. I rather play the Pens in the first round than the Flyers.

I certainly don't want the Devils to play them. I rather play the Pens in the first round than the Flyers.

If you think that, you're crazy.

Obviously the Devils have had Pittsburgh's number so far this season, but they're easily the better team compared to the Flyers. Hell, by the playoffs who knows what goalie will be in net for them.

A healthy Pittsburgh in the playoffs shouldn't be a team anyone wants to play.

I want the Caps to go through Pitt to win the cup for obvious reasons, but then, I really do not want to play Pitt with everyone back and healthy in the playoffs again. I know Malkin seems to be coming back within the next few games but what is up with Gonchar?

If you think that, you're crazy.

Obviously the Devils have had Pittsburgh's number so far this season, but they're easily the better team compared to the Flyers. Hell, by the playoffs who knows what goalie will be in net for them.

Devils play very poor against the Flyers slow pace.

I feel the Devils are much better against teams that like to play a high pace game.

I will gladly take a healthy Pens over the Flyers. The Pens wingers poor play really bring down the value of there amazing Centers.

I want the Caps to go through Pitt to win the cup for obvious reasons, but then, I really do not want to play Pitt with everyone back and healthy in the playoffs again. I know Malkin seems to be coming back within the next few games but what is up with Gonchar?

It's probably the other way around actually. If the playoffs had already started, I think they'd both be playing.

I think Gonchar will be back sooner than Malkin. Dan Bylsma talked about it after the game yesterday, said they're taking it slow with Geno. No need to rush him back and risk having him banged up for the playoffs. Makes sense when you're talking about the reigning Conn Smythe winner.

My guess is Gonchar is back by Saturday, possibly Malkin as well. Then again, I wouldn't be shocked to see either on Wednesday against Tampa.

But I hope and pray that someone else has the task of knocking out the Sabres, because I don't want any part of Ryan Miller.

I agree Ryan Miller has put together a complete MVP like season and facing a goalie as hot as he has been this year is a scary task especially in a 7 game series when goalies can get on a hot streak (remember Varly last year?).

But the goalie I'm most afraid of, still has to be Marc Andre-Fleury. It's "safe" to say he has been the best playoff goalie the past two years and when it comes to the "big" game, he usually steps up for the Pens.

But who knows, maybe this year Theodore plays for a Cup. And get's his paycheck for next year.........only one can dream......

I'm excited to see Jimmy Howard in the playoffs too out West, he's been putting up Ryan Miller like numbers. The Redwings know how to handle their prospects.

Caps won the season series against the Pens last year as well, and we saw what happened. The Penguins have also outshot the Caps in all three games this year. Over a 7 game series, the team that outshoots the other is in a better position more often than not. Not saying the Pens would be the favorite against the Caps, but just raising some points worth considering.

Caps won the season series against the Pens last year as well, and we saw what happened. The Penguins have also outshot the Caps in all three games this year. Over a 7 game series, the team that outshoots the other is in a better position more often than not. Not saying the Pens would be the favorite against the Caps, but just raising some points worth considering.

Do you have any way of looking up the power play comparison? That has to factor into the amount of shots through this season match up.

But yeah you raise a good point.

The last game the Penguins had like 5 power plays and the Caps had 1.

Do you have any way of looking up the power play comparison? That has to factor into the amount of shots through this season match up.

But yeah you raise a good point.

The last game the Penguins had like 5 power plays and the Caps had 1.

That's true, but the Pens also didn't have Malkin or Gonchar, arguably two of their three most important offensive weapons.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Pitt has a won a game against Caps or the Devils. Who do they expect to play in the playoffs?