BaltimoreTerp

Anybody But Duke

Good article.

That being said, as a longtime Duke hater (not a since the mid 90s bandwagon hater), I do admit that THIS particular TEAM (not coaches) isn't as hateable as past teams. The reason for me is simple, Nolan Smith. He's a good player with a tragic backstory. The fact that he was a Bullets ballboy helps as well. Smith joins Johnny Dawkins, Tommy Amaker, and Grant Hill as Duke players who actually enjoy watching play.

Scheyer isn't nearly as annoying as HurleyLaettnerCollinsWojoRedickPaulus was, and clearly he's worked hard to improve his game.

I'll still root for West Virginia of course, but if this Duke team wins, I'll only throw up in my mouth a little.

You can fix it all you want..Everyone's jealousy of that GREAT program is amusing to me.

It's ok. We know that you are in the tank for Duke beyond any measure you've declared anyone in the tank for the Orioles. You can feel free to sit there with your hands covering your ears while others discuss the truth.

It's ok. We know that you are in the tank for Duke beyond any measure you've declared anyone in the tank for the Orioles. You can feel free to sit there with your hands covering your ears while others discuss the truth.

The truth is that so many fans of other teams strive to make the tourney, while Duke fans strive to win titles....and not NIT titles.

People hate them because they can't be as good as them and can't stand them winning.

That's why its funny.

But that's ok...The Terps did make the tourney this year, so that's cool. :clap3:

The truth is that so many fans of other teams strive to make the tourney, while Duke fans strive to win titles....and not NIT titles.

People hate them because they can't be as good as them and can't stand them winning.

That's why its funny.

But that's ok...The Terps did make the tourney this year, so that's cool. :clap3:

Did you read the article?

Did you read the article?

Nope(well, i briefly skimmed parts of it)...you read one, you have read them all...No need to read the same regurgitated whining by those who are jealous.

That's why its funny.

Yet, not nearly as many people hate UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Kentucky, Michigan St, etc.

So it's obviously far from just being about jealousy. But carry on acting like that's all it is while putting other fans down.

Yet, not nearly as many people hate UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Kentucky, Michigan St, etc.

So it's obviously far from just being about jealousy. But carry on acting like that's all it is while putting other fans down.

All those other schools aren't on TV as much..Shoved down your throats as much, etc....And I will continue to do just that, thanks...No need to give me your permission but thanks anyway!

All those other schools aren't on TV as much..Shoved down your throats as much, etc....And I will continue to do just that, thanks...No need to give me your permission but thanks anyway!

UNC isn't on TV as much? I'd say it's about the same normally.

And I knew you would, and that type of attitude by Duke fans is even more reason to dislike Duke. Of course I'm not saying all Duke fans are like that, but the article makes a good case of why Duke fans should increase the level of dislike for Duke itself.

UNC isn't on TV as much? I'd say it's about the same normally.

And I knew you would, and that type of attitude by Duke fans is even more reason to dislike Duke. Of course I'm not saying all Duke fans are like that, but the article makes a good case of why Duke fans should increase the level of dislike for Duke itself.

I am completely torn by this thread. Nothing more to add.

I am completely torn by this thread. Nothing more to add.

I have no clue what you mean by that.:confused: