Don Quixote

Butler and Duke to Square Off for NCAA Men's Basketball Championship

But it would have been the right call. Much like the Michigan St/New Mexico State game and that lane violation..right call, but not the time to make it.

I saw the play 3 times, what makes you think it was an illegal screen? Because he was still moving?

That would've been incredibly borderline because he had pretty much stopped once he got to Singler and Singler looks like he ran into a brick wall.

I'd have to see it again to be sure, but it didn't seem like a bad screen... and if it was... like I said, it was incredibly borderline.

But it would have been the right call. Much like the Michigan St/New Mexico State game and that lane violation..right call, but not the time to make it.

Yep....The idea of "you can't make that call at that point in the game" is bs to me.

Is it a foul? Yes or no...if yes, you call it.

Yep....The idea of "you can't make that call at that point in the game" is bs to me.

Is it a foul? Yes or no...if yes, you call it.

Coach K was on Mike & Mike and he said regardless there's no way they make that call. He understood.

I saw the play 3 times, what makes you think it was an illegal screen? Because he was still moving?

That would've been incredibly borderline because he had pretty much stopped once he got to Singler and Singler looks like he ran into a brick wall.

I'd have to see it again to be sure, but it didn't seem like a bad screen... and if it was... like I said, it was incredibly borderline.

Howard ran him over, so yes, it wasn't a legal screen. Pretty impossible to set a natural screen considering the situation.

Coach K was on Mike & Mike and he said regardless there's no way they make that call. He understood.

Oh I know they would never make it...But if they did make it, I don't think it would be the wrong call either.

Oh I know they would never make it...But if they did make it, I don't think it would be the wrong call either.

Agreed. That's why the Mich St/NM State ending was so frustrating to people..you can't make that call that late in a close game.

Just as a general philosophical point, I don't believe in blaming the outcome of a game on some referee's call (or non-call). There are certain coaches and fans who always harp on what the refs did. The truth is, refs make mistakes both ways in every game, and basketball involves a lot of judgment calls and things the refs can't see. If Duke had lost this game, I wouldn't have said a word about the non-call on Howard's screen. I note that I haven't heard anyone from Butler say one word about the charging call on the play where Scheyer arguing stepped in and it could have been called a block. That's because they are a class team, with a class coach, and they know that the refs were very even-handed in this game.

Just as a general philosophical point, I don't believe in blaming the outcome of a game on some referee's call (or non-call). There are certain coaches and fans who always harp on what the refs did. The truth is, refs make mistakes both ways in every game, and basketball involves a lot of judgment calls and things the refs can't see. If Duke had lost this game, I wouldn't have said a word about the non-call on Howard's screen. I note that I haven't heard anyone from Butler say one word about the charging call on the play where Scheyer arguing stepped in and it could have been called a block. That's because they are a class team, with a class coach, and they know that the refs were very even-handed in this game.

absolutely true, in every game, in every sport, the refs/umps make mistakes. It's very easy to point fingers, and people LOVE using it as an excuse. Check out a Ravens game thread after a loss, it's unintentional comedy at it's finest.

absolutely true, in every game, in every sport, the refs/umps make mistakes. It's very easy to point fingers, and people LOVE using it as an excuse. Check out a Ravens game thread after a loss, it's unintentional comedy at it's finest.

Second only to Beaner's Jeter love-fest threads.

Signed,

An emotional Ravens fan who often blames the refs in a misguided manner

:P

Second only to Beaner's Jeter love-fest threads.

Signed,

An emotional Ravens fan who often blames the refs in a misguided manner

:P

Beaner hearts Derek.

Can't help it, he's just sooooooooooooo dreamy.

Does your wife know about this?

Oddly enough, she's ok with it. She can't stand him though for what it's worth.