Don Quixote

Butler and Duke to Square Off for NCAA Men's Basketball Championship

In a span of about 14 months, my three least favorite teams all won their titles.

For a Maryland native that also roots for the Capitals, that would be four teams, I assume. Yankees, Steelers, Duke, and the Penguins (and North Carolina, if you also count them).

I can't really be angry. It's like the Yankees. You keep bringing out talent like that, and it's just a matter of time before they win games when it counts.

Yeah 3 teams I hate have now won championships in 3 different leagues. Yankees, Lakers and now Duke.

Sucks but that was one hell of a game. I feel so bad for Butler.. boy did they play their hearts out.

Yeah 3 teams I hate have now won championships in 3 different leagues. Yankees, Lakers and now Duke.

Sucks but that was one hell of a game. I feel so bad for Butler.. boy did they play their hearts out.

As Bill Simmons tweeted, we came close to a Lakers-Yankees-Colts-Duke superfecta, which he referred to as "the apocalypse".

The more I think about it...

...if that last shot goes in, what would have been the over/under on a movie being greenlit about this team? 12 hours? 24 hours?

My final "ref blew that call" for the day, then I'll be quiet. ;)

Why didn't Zoubek get called for throwing Howard down to the ground during that loose ball with about 35 seconds left?

Also, if Gus Johnson were calling this game instead of Jim Nantz, I'm absolutely convinced that half-court shot goes in.

And now I have to talk some **** to bandwagon duke fans on facebook. At least the north carolina fans are nice after last year, and all the fans I know go or went to the university.

Southern hospitality? I mean, come on, you know all Duke fans and students are from up north. :)

Also, if the shot goes in with GJ announcing, I'm absolutely sure his head would explode.

What is this Jennifer Hudson BS?

CBS would have sex with itself if it could.

And if they televised it, it'd be the highest rated drama on TV.

What is this Jennifer Hudson BS?

CBS would have sex with itself if it could.

Seriously! I don't remember Luther Vandross or anyone else ending up beign edited into the montage.

Didn't hurt it too much, though. That's the best part of the tournament, right there. Even if I had to see The Shot again :old5fan:

And if they televised it, it'd be the highest rated drama on TV.

Probably. But we still will have Jim Nantz's epilogue on the Masters next Sunday.

You'd think Phil Mickelson just invaded Normandy come 7pm next Sunday night.

Southern hospitality? I mean, come on, you know all Duke fans and students are from up north. :)

Also, if the shot goes in with GJ announcing, I'm absolutely sure his head would explode.

That combination would have been the greatest moment in the history of everything.

Oh goodness I was walking down some random street in Chappell Hill decked in Terps gear and this family sitting on their porch waved and said hello! Everyone was really nice down there. But when my dad drove too far into Durham, bleh. The city was awful and so were the people. Even though I was dissapointed my sister decided to go to North Carolina instead of a scholly at a Maryland business school, thank god she did not go to duke. Her southern friends have changed her a bit, at Duke they are all ugly, nasty northern people who did not get ino an ivy league school.

Probably. But we still will have Jim Nantz's epilogue on the Masters next Sunday.

You'd think Phil Mickelson just invaded Normandy come 7pm next Sunday night.

Just imagine if TIGER wins...

That would have been THE GREATEST. All he would do is scream but it would still be great.