Sign in to follow this  
eb45

Orioles' 2010 Draftees Signing Tracker (updated 8/12)

Glad to see Vader signed. He appears to be our first overslotter. He looks to have a physically projectable body with a solid FB and a slider that shows promise.

Thanks for the great job on this draft listing. Does anyone have a similar list of the minor league affiliates to which each signed player has been assigned?

You might regret I did it, once you look at the numbers...

No kidding! :eek:

Scott Copeland (#21) and Tim Adleman (#24) are doing pretty nicely. Copeland's 4.50 ERA seems out of line with his BAA, WHIP, GO/AO and other numbers.

I repeat a question I asked already but nobody has answered: isn't it a bit unusual to have signed so few of our top 10 as of this date? Are we now at the point where we should be worried?

No kidding! :eek:

Scott Copeland (#21) and Tim Adleman (#24) are doing pretty nicely. Copeland's 4.50 ERA seems out of line with his BAA, WHIP, GO/AO and other numbers.

I repeat a question I asked already but nobody has answered: isn't it a bit unusual to have signed so few of our top 10 as of this date? Are we now at the point where we should be worried?

No sir, we have quite a few "overslot" picks in the top 10 and all will include some sort of more than normal negotiations and approvals. I remember the same question being asked last season. The only one I am surprised hasn't signed yet really is Bywater because he shouldn't be an overslotter....

I hope these 20 catchers they drafted are good receivers, because it looks like none of them can hit. I've seen Oliveira a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I could get him out. I'm not joking.

I hope these 20 catchers they drafted are good receivers, because it looks like none of them can hit. I've seen Oliveira a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I could get him out. I'm not joking.

I would certainly stock my minors with good receivers over good bats from the catcher position. I wouldn't want my young pitchers to be afraid to throw their good breaking ball or be worried every opposing baserunner can steal at will.

That's probably the idea with Oliveira and Goolsby. Murphy and Hornback might be able to hit a little, and Sawyer probably won't stick at catcher. Velleggia is organizational filler.

That's probably the idea with Oliveira and Goolsby. Murphy and Hornback might be able to hit a little, and Sawyer probably won't stick at catcher. Velleggia is organizational filler.

Sawyer IMO is an offense first type guy. To me, he sounds a lot like Ohlman, and JJ saw value in that he had good offensive tools, but wasn't a nationally top ranked catcher.

Sawyer IMO is an offense first type guy. To me, he sounds a lot like Ohlman, and JJ saw value in that he had good offensive tools, but wasn't a nationally top ranked catcher.

So is catcher his permanent position or can he move to 3B or 1B?