Sign in to follow this  
eb45

Orioles' 2010 Draftees Signing Tracker (updated 8/12)

Very nice. Sawyer is a tall, athletic catcher with a good, albeit raw, bat. It'll be interesting to see where he plays on the field. I think he ultimately ends up at a corner infield or outfield spot.

Here's some video:

I agree completely, just like Ohlman, he is a catcher right now, but projects to probably wind up being somewhere on the corners(OF or IF)....

Slowly but slowly I feel like we need to make some progress with a couple of our early pick. Some are going to be right at the deadline but others should get done beforehand.

Slowly but slowly I feel like we need to make some progress with a couple of our early pick. Some are going to be right at the deadline but others should get done beforehand.

Slowly, we are making progress.

Source? Basis? Theory? Wishful thinking?

I guess you can consider it a source. I know of a few guys who are gonna sign by talking to different people. And by reading different places and understanding the process that takes place, I have an idea whats going on.

We are in the process of signing one of Narron or Urban, not sure who yet.

Machado negotiations have taken place.

Kline negotiations are in full swing and should be done pretty soon.

Dixon Anderson was expected to sign this week according to Seiler, but is awaiting the approval for overslot.

There are a couple of others who I have heard are gonna sign but am not supposed to mention.

Once the ball gets rolling(which it has) the signings start to trickle in.

• Upvote 1

I guess you can consider it a source. I know of a few guys who are gonna sign by talking to different people. And by reading different places and understanding the process that takes place, I have an idea whats going on.

We are in the process of signing one of Narron or Urban, not sure who yet.

Machado negotiations have taken place.

Kline negotiations are in full swing and should be done pretty soon.

Dixon Anderson was expected to sign this week according to Seiler, but is awaiting the approval for overslot.

There are a couple of others who I have heard are gonna sign but am not supposed to mention.

Once the ball gets rolling(which it has) the signings start to trickle in.

Good stuff...Thanks for sharing.

Has there been word that any of our big name draftees (ones that we thought we had a shot at signing) could be leaning towards not signing?

There is almost always some sort of posturing from the player's side. Machado and Bryce Harper blatantly on facebook were conversing back and forth that Machado is gonna join Bryce as CSN and both not sign. But that is just posturing in many/most people's opinions. There is a reason it was a convo posted on their wall, not through the private message variety. Why would they talk about that on Facebook for everyone to see unless there is some sort of agenda? Because both are represented by Boras and he is known to come up with these types of ploys to try to gain leverage(money).

According to a poster on the oriolesprospects.com forums, Connor Narron will sign some time tomorrow. I have no idea if this is reliable or not, but it's exciting nonetheless. Narron is the type of player that I would love for us to target and sign. He's got some nice tools, and I'm hopeful that he and Machado can rise through the system together.

According to a poster on the oriolesprospects.com forums, Connor Narron will sign some time tomorrow. I have no idea if this is reliable or not, but it's exciting nonetheless.

I'm not sure who it is either. I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

Comment on Schrader (O's 10th round pick) from Jim Callis of BA on Twitter:

jimcallisBA Could have gone in 4th or 5th. @Dave_Gershman: Should Clayton Schrader have gone higher in the draft?

https://twitter.com/jimcallisBA

BA also had Schrader's bonus as $300k (above slot)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=2629

Edited by Oriolesfan8

Comment on Schrader (O's 10th round pick) from Jim Callis of BA on Twitter:

jimcallisBA Could have gone in 4th or 5th. @Dave_Gershman: Should Clayton Schrader have gone higher in the draft?

https://twitter.com/jimcallisBA

Callis also has Wynston Sawyer (8th rounder)'s bonus as $300,000. Not sure if that'd been reported here yet. How does that compare to slot recommendation for that pick/round?

jimcallisBA Orioles have officially signed 8th-rder Wynston Sawyer for $300,000. #mlbdraft

Finally, Callis thinks that Narron's bonus will be 2nd round money, not low first round money.

jimcallisBA Believe that will be 2nd rd $ when finalized. @jsh2185: Do you know the $ figure for Narron's bonus? Baltimore Sun reporting low 1st rd.