SilentJames

Actions Speak Louder than Words

Did you get a sense that he was well aware what Orioleshangout.com is?

Yes, he was well aware of Orioleshangout.com and well aware of some of my comments on the board.

Yes, he was well aware of Orioleshangout.com and well aware of some of my comments on the board.

Were you disappointed PA didn't respond to an interview?

Tony,

Perhaps it's a weird thing to say, but-- I'm proud of you. No one cares more about this franchise than you do, and that is evident in the amount of time, effort, and even emotion, that you have given/displayed over these years at the Hangout. This article was well written and quite fair in it's delivery. Good job... you have my sincere appreciation.

• Upvote 2

There were things I decided to not print due to a lack of corroboration or fear of my sources being outed, but overall I think people get the gist of what I was trying to get out.

That's understandable, and I wouldn't ask you to share any more than what you're comfortable with. But without going into detail do you feel any of the information you withheld prevented you from getting any of the main points across that you really felt were important, or were you able to touch on everything that you hoped to without it?

That's understandable' date=' and I wouldn't ask you to share any more than what you're comfortable with. But without going into detail do you feel any of the information you withheld prevented you from getting any of the main points across that you really felt were important, or were you able to touch on everything that you hoped to without it?[/quote']

Didn't he answer that in the line you quoted?

Great piece of work, Tony. Some of the things I was either aware of through past pieces of information here and in the media, and some things I'm not terribly surprised by or could have expected. But there were some really insightful stuff regarding the development and scouting aspects of the organization, the dynamics of cronyism in the organization past and present, and how the organization is coming up short compared to other teams in the division.

I think this article is a testament to the hard work you and the rest of the staff have done over the years on this site that has made stuff like this even possible. The fact that people very high up in the O's organization know who you are, and know about this site, is all because of you and the staff. We're all grateful for the stuff you guys do, day in and day out, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we look forward to what you have to put out in the future. Although for the sake of the fanbase, hopefully it will be because many of the problems you talked about are finally fixed!

Well, I suppose I can dream.

• Upvote 1

The Orioles will be a case study in some business school textbook one day.

Most businesses and organizations are not run well. I bet there are some other baseball teams just as bad off. A few exceptional ones too of course.

So, Tony..are you glad you did this?

Was it worth it to you considering the time you put into things?

Yes, because I think it needed to be told in it's entirety. I do think it was worth the time and effort because most people have enjoyed it and I think they now have a clearer picture of what went on and it going on without having to worry about what was rumor, half-truths, etc.

Earlier today I thought about emailing Jorge Arangure to ask him if he knew anything about this D. Stockstill/Bernhardt story, since he is both a former O's beat writer and someone who follows Caribbean baseball pretty closely.

And then I remembered this little debacle:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/ttakeArticle.asp?ID=522&page=ttake

Guess I'll have to live with not knowing. :laughlol:

Yes, because I think it needed to be told in it's entirety. I do think it was worth the time and effort because most people have enjoyed it and I think they now have a clearer picture of what went on and it going on without having to worry about what was rumor, half-truths, etc.

Yea, i agree with this.

While its not a surprise to many of us, I think it is good for everyone to be informed.