Gurgi

Now where do we put Machado?

GCL, Bluefield, Aberdeen, Delmarva?

I would think they might want to start him at Aberdeen if he is in playing shape.

Isnt he coming off an injury?

Maybe he doesnt play at all this fall?

I would think they might want to start him at Aberdeen if he is in playing shape.

I doubt you see him play at all. If they hold instructional league he might get some time in there.

If the Orioles' recent trends are any indication, he could report to Aberdeen to "work out" like Matt Wieters and Brian Matusz did in 2007 and 2008, respectively. Both Wieters and Matusz were not active while with the Ironbirds, but they took part in team activities, traveled, etc.

Not a sarcastic question:

Is Manny Machado instantly the best Orioles prospect? If you still consider guys like Matusz a 'prospect' (the way Fangraphs did), then is Machado the best Orioles prospect not to have played yet in the majors?

Is Manny Machado instantly the best Orioles prospect? If you still consider guys like Matusz a 'prospect' (the way Fangraphs did), then is Machado the best Orioles prospect not to have played yet in the majors?

Zach Britton would be #1 for the O's on most lists.. Machado #2

From the updated MLB.com article:

Jordan said following Machado's physical the Orioles will send him to their Spring Training facility in Sarasota, Fla., with the expectation being he will get into some Gulf Coast League games.

"If he's in good enough condition, we'll see if we can extend his season," Jordan said. "But it won't be very long obviously."

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100817&content_id=13543630&vkey=news_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

So GCL it is if he's ready.

Wieters and Matusz played three years of college ball. Doesn't that make things different?

If the Orioles' recent trends are any indication, he could report to Aberdeen to "work out" like Matt Wieters and Brian Matusz did in 2007 and 2008, respectively. Both Wieters and Matusz were not active while with the Ironbirds, but they took part in team activities, traveled, etc.

Aberdeen Ironbirds!!!!!!!:)

Wieters and Matusz played three years of college ball. Doesn't that make things different?

I don't think their experience had much to do with it. The question is what you can do in the last two weeks of a MiL season, and the answer is "not much besides give them a taste of the pro ball life."

It's basically an orientation session for a valuable new acquisition. Most likely Machado will get the same treatment.

Yes. As much as I like Britton, Machado could be a future superstar.

Most likely Machado works out with Aberdeen and starts 2011 in Delmarva.