Sign in to follow this  
PaulFolk

9/1: BoSox at Orioles

Wow... From some of the reactions in here... I guess August might as well have been last year?

The culture of losing has to be done with not just by the players, but also by the fans.

Hey we have a 5-3 lead let's bring in two pitchers who have never succeeded in the majors.

I will be interested to read what Buck says about tonight's decisions.

I was bored of wining.

• Upvote 1

So let's see..for 2011....Hendrickson- gone, Simon-gone,

Johnson- stays if healthy, Uehara- would re-sign him to a lower contract , Gonzalez- stays if healthy, Albers-gone, Vandenhurk- who knows??

It seems like we are going to have a couple of bullpen holes to fill in the offseason along with everything else...so what else is new?

Wow... From some of the reactions in here... I guess August might as well have been last year?

What have you done for me lately?

Had Jon Lester on the ropes and totally crapped the bed. When you play well, people will expect you to continue to do so.

Obviously the pitching from last month was not sustainable, but it was honestly a pretty disheartening outing from Arrieta tonight. He worked slow, he couldn't put guys away, he had a bazillion foul balls running up his pitch count.

Can't pitch 8 scoreless every night, but it disgusts me that we've never beated Jon Lester and don't look like we're going to tonight.

Hey we have a 5-3 lead let's bring in two pitchers who have never succeeded in the majors.

I will be interested to read what Buck says about tonight's decisions.

Hendrickson was doing fine, he was left in too long.

What's the point of having September callups if you can't call up a lot of extra pitchers?

I was bored of wining.

Yes, this is the team i remember ...just take a win and in one half inning blow it up in the most demoralizing fashion possible....

August raised our expectations, simply speaking.

Not just that, do you expect anyone to be happy when the O's are giving up 6 runs in the 7th inning to blow a lead? (all while bandwagon nation serenades us with "Let's Go Red Sox" chants in our own park)

I'm tired of this crap.

So let's see..for 2011....Hendrickson- gone, Simon-gone,

Johnson- stays if healthy, Uehara- would re-sign him to a lower contract , Gonzalez- stays if healthy, Albers-gone, Vandenhurk- who knows??

It seems like we are going to have a couple of bullpen holes to fill in the offseason along with everything else...so what else is new?

Berken and Hernandez too. We still need two more bullpen arms at least. Probably three.

What have you done for me lately?

Had Jon Lester on the ropes and totally crapped the bed. When you play well, people will expect you to continue to do so.

Obviously the pitching from last month was not sustainable, but it was honestly a pretty disheartening outing from Arrieta tonight. He worked slow, he couldn't put guys away, he had a bazillion foul balls running up his pitch count.

Can't pitch 8 scoreless every night, but it disgusts me that we've never beated Jon Lester and don't look like we're going to tonight.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECTt67adObI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECTt67adObI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Upvote 1

Jones is out of the game now due to running into the wall on (what I think was) a showboaty catch.

well Pie to center .. and a look at Riemold in left for September?