Sign in to follow this  
Miller192

Harbaugh to be fined

I saw the play in question on a small monitor with no sound on. I thought it would be a bigger deal that it has been so far. You simply can't put your hands on the ref no matter how bad the call is.

I fake farted at an ump when I was 13 when he called me out on a bs strike out. Got tossed from the game. Harbs had ever right ro do what he did imo!

I fake farted at an ump when I was 13 when he called me out on a bs strike out. Got tossed from the game. Harbs had ever right ro do what he did imo!

Thats awesome.

I was shocked Harbs didn't get a flag when he did that. They threw one on him last year in NE just for dropping the F Bomb. No way this wasn't worse. In fact, I don't think he got fined for that last year.

Edited by ccbird

Yeah Harbaugh is lucky he didn't get flagged, ejected, and suspended.

A fine is a slap on the wrists. I imagine because the NFL knows the call was among the worst the league has seen in terms of roughing calls in recent years.

I remember seeing that happen and was amazed that the refs didn't flag him/toss him out for that and that the announcers didn't mention it. Then again Rich Ganon was in the booth so that explains that.

Yeah Harbaugh is lucky he didn't get flagged, ejected, and suspended.

A fine is a slap on the wrists. I imagine because the NFL knows the call was among the worst the league has seen in terms of roughing calls in recent years.

Yeah pretty much this. He deserved worse but they knew they were wrong.

I do find Ray's comments about reviewing penalties to be interesting. Yes I don't want there to be 100 million replays, but at the same time, the guys huddled for quite some time on the tripping penalty and there was a bit of a stoppage for the other.

I still don't get why there isn't another crew of three guys in a booth upstairs who independently aren't paired with any officiating crew that can come in and overturn calls. It would speed up the problems with slow replays, which are already painfully slow. I mean that guy Perreria or whatever his name is, he calls it out about as fast as most fans do watching at home.

If anything this is more affirmation that Harbs was not only right but the NFL needs to make their refs full time working for the league.

I referee football and after watching the replay of the 2 penalties the ref's should be fined as well.

Tripping against Ray.... 1st he was blocked by the defender which caused him to go to the ground, but momentum carried him into Palmer's direction as he rolled across the ground . The tripping has to be intentional. Meaning Ray intentionally lifted his leg to trip Palmer or kicked at him.

Suggs roughing the passer was just a bad call in so many ways. As a defender you need to tackle the ball carrier or at least disrupt the pass. He certainly didnt drive Palmer into the ground.

What do you mean by that, Miller? Is there more to it than just the referee stuff?
How so? I'm interested in hearing what he's doing behind the scenes?

Unfortunately there is some behind the scenes stuff going on. He's not the humble guy that was hired by Steve Bisciotti.

There's several important people in Owings Mills that aren't happy with him. His treatment of several people there hasn't gone unnoticed.