All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 44,003 for the last three games for 1.3 million.Paid attendance should be close.Really nothing to be excited about but understandable. The last two years the Orioles have lost more games at home then any time ever in a 162 game season.Not sure if it is ever..Mets and Tigers both lost 107 at home consecutively . Tough to watch such bad home team baseball. Still would be the worst average hone attendance since 1978 and of course worst ever at Camden Yards.
  3. Today
  4. Haha I had totally forgotten.
  5. scOtt

Insomnia sucks

I have the same issues, bad back (and down my right leg) and rotator cuffS. Doesn't wake me up tho. Yes, because of beer I sleep like a baby. I do however wake up start awake many times after 5 or 6 hours. Just from deep sleep to wide awake. I've learned to just get up, fire up my computer and waste some time, Not one drop of coffee. Take my morning drugs, several of which help or cause sleep. Go back to bed in 2 hours or stay up and take a nap in the afternoon. Tossing and turning in bed is never going to be sleep. I can't multi quote it right but I like waking up and having to go to the potty. Every night please! Let's play two! Makes the night seem longer to me.
  6. Good points Drungo! I like the idea of working backwards from the desired outcomes of a system. Goal 1: Service time should no longer be a deciding factor in free agency or player promotion. I think automatic free agency after the age 27 season would be good (or after age 23 if they've never made it to the majors), with a better compensation system worked out between the team that signs and the team that loses the guy in free agency. Maybe a % of the contract value? Goal 2: Significantly reduce the bloated, inefficient system. Limit minor league affiliates to 2 full season teams, 1 short season team, and whatever overseas academies they want. Pay the minor leaguers better. Cut the draft in half (20 rounds).
  7. As long as it isn't DJ on horseback! Otherwise I'd worry that the ball would hit the horse square in the forehead, risking career-ending injury to the glove (not whip)-wielding jockey as its knees buckled.
  8. When I started this post I didn't know if twenty people would respond or a hundred. More have responded and with some good comments. I didn't say I think Hyde should be fired. I threw out the possibility with Elias terminating a lot of people in the organization. I don't think he will be replaced even though he does questionable things almost every game. The coaches are a different story. I think several could be replaced and possibly our advance scouts and if Hyde is like most managers he won't replace them. It will have to be Elias who makes the needed changes. Will he ? It looks like Detroit will get the number 1 pick. I think they are 3 1/2 behind us with 10 to go. 7 vs the White Sox and 3 vs the Twins. We have 3 with Seattle, 3 with Toronto and 3 with Boston. We could lose them all and so could Detroit. This is going to be hard to predict. Number 2 is still okay.
  9. ^^^^^^^^^Listen to this man. He was a very good defensive outfielder in his day.
  10. Just watched the replay, and timed it. If he had IMMEDIATELY thrown the ball back in instead of beating his chest, it might have saved 2-3 seconds. Tonight's game lasted 10,380 seconds according to the box score. So at the very worst the "celebration" added 0.02% to the time of the game. Even if a game had 50 such celebrations, it would add roughly 2 minutes to the gametime. One pitching change probably takes 30-50 times longer than the "celebration". You can dislike it all you want, but trying to say it slows down the game is an absolutely absurd stretch of logic to try to support your point.
  11. My 3: Get rid of Davis. He isn't a ML capable player anymore. The money is a sunk cost. Bite the bullet and cut him loose. Find some pitching. Doesn't have to be expensive or flashy. Just a few guys that can get more outs. Tighten up the D. Again, not expensive or flashy, just a bit above average. Next year is year 2 of the rebuild so I'll be patient. These would be prudent goals for now.
  12. Its a meaningless game for the 2019 Orioles, but not for Austin Hays. He's showing he's a major league ballplayer and he makes major league defensive plays. The O's and major leagues in general need more excitement.
  13. I could see Hurst and a first rounder. I might do another pick (3rd round) if he would agree to tone down the talk. Any more than that, no thanks.
  14. Hmmm. I see three things as delaying our rebuild: bringing up any prospect too soon( Although I don’t care about service time issues, if a guy’s ready, bring him up) signing any high dollar free agent, and trading away prospects. So don’t do those things. (The Straily/Karns signings were exactly what we needed even though they both failed. But several other inexpensive pickups worked reasonably well) With that in mind, I would like to win as many games as possible without jeopardizing our future. 70 wins is better than 50. Do whatever three things will help that goal.
  15. It doesn’t slow down the game. That fired me up. It was great to see an Oriole play with such emotion.
  16. Good lord, that's a lot. lol I love his talent (not really a fan of his attitude, though), but I don't wanna be the one who gives up that much for him. I find it ironic that both Tunsil and Ramsey are good enough to get their teams this kind of return considering Ozzie passed on both of them. Do you think Ozzie thinks Ramsey is worth that 3rd rounder now? lol Just remember, that 3rd rounder he refused to give up ended up being Kaufusi ... lol
  17. Starting tomorrow night! Interesting, but I like out of the box thinking. Let’s see how it goes.
  18. o This was the 3rd consecutive start in which Ynoa was very pitch-efficient. 19 OUTS: ) 9 Flyouts, 5 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 1 Strikeout, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout GABRIEL YNOA GOMEZ )))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/19) IP:lll6.33 H:llll 6 )) (2 Home Runs, 1 Double, 3 Singles) R:lllll 3 BB:l.0 ) * SO:lll1 Pitches: )l 77) (51 )Strikes, )26 )Balls) 2019 ERA: )l 5.65 )l) 106.67 IP (67 ER) 2019 WHIP: )l 1.369 )l ) 106.67 IP (146 H/BB) 2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .281 )) (122 for 434) * )) Ynoa had 1 Hit Batsman PITCHES BY INNING ******************* 11 ll(71 llStrikes, lll4 llBalls) 12 lll(81 lStrikes, llll4 llBalls) 61 ll(51 llStrikes, llll1 llBalls) 17 lll(10 llStrikes, llll7 llBalls) 11 lll(61 llStrikes, lll.5 llBalls) 13 lll(91 llStrikes, lll.4 llBalls) 71 lll(61 llStrikes, lll.1 llBalls)) ** ** )) Ynoa recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning. o
  19. Mancini went 4 gotr 4 with two doubles and an HBP tonight, raiding his OPS to .892. That’s the highest it’s been since July 2. Would love to see him crank it to over .900 at the end of the season.
  20. Same article: ”Unbelievable,” Mancini said. “He comes out and he plays with fire. I hate this saying, but 110 percent. He just plays so hard in the right way, so that was awesome to see, just the raw emotion after the catch. I’m really happy he’s back up here and healthy and showing everybody what he can do because he’s a really good ballplayer. “It was just an incredible play and I’m glad I got a front row seat for it.”
  21. Playing devil’s advocate... Elias was certainly happy to point out the improvement in the Orioles status within prospect rankings at a presser following the conclusion of the minor league season. Hays might want to be eligible to compete for ROY in 2020. Does Mason Williams get 2 or 3 starts to prove he’s OK? (Starting Wilkerson or Santander in CF at this point would seem a bit ridiculous).
  22. Hays stood on the track, let out a yell and pounded his chest three times. With such force that he probably left a bruise. He also raised his cap to Guerrero, returning the gesture. “I love that stuff,” Hyde said. “I love guys showing emotion. I love how it fired him up and it fires the dugout up. Just a big-time play.” “It’s just raw emotion,” Hays said. “You don’t get to do something like that every day. It’s few and far between when a play like that happens. That was just my excitement coming out. “I saw some guys tipping their caps, so I tipped my cap back. I saw Vlad Jr. kind of take his helmet off, kind of give me recognition for making the catch, just a lot of excitement from all the guys reaching up and making that.” https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/09/mancinis-four-hits-cant-prevent-13th-sweep.html
  23. His command was way off tonight.
  24. The thing is; he was ahead and throwing strikes with his off speed stuff. Why come in with a mediocre pitch? So, yeah, annoyed.
  1. Load more activity

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats