All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. To be fair, the bug has hit several of the players. Exactly, I think they are doing this with any player showing the signs of illness. Seams like it happens just about every spring camp.
  3. Totally back of the napkin math, but based on 2019 numbers: Raising team OBP by .005 points would raise the opposing pitch count in the same manner as increasing team Pitches Per Plate Appearance by .0148. All thing being equal you could make the average opposing pitchers throw 5 more pitches a game by raising your team OBP from .323 (lgAvg) to .363 or by increasing you team PperPA from 3.93 (lgAvg) to 4.05.
  4. If he's sick I don't want him getting the useful players ill.
  5. LOL, this guy is really something. The only thing you can bet he'll show up for is his paycheck Of course with direct deposit he doesn't have to be there for that either.
  6. I laughed. I mean it is highly suspect gaining that much muscle that quickly.
  7. At least Davis would have a bench buddy. Also, they could bank together.
  8. I suggested it as he got considerably larger one off-season with the Orioles. And before he turned 32 he had less power than Rich Dauer. Then all of sudden his power numbers go up. And he hits 20 at age 35.
  9. Thanks, I’m here for you guys. They have a different group of readers and they bust their ass to meet their objectives too. It’s been fun re-meeting some of them and learning from them too. And it’s only week 1!
  10. The other bright side is that the Terps continually show the ability to "turn it back on" when they need to when things get close. It would be nice if this team could focus for all 40 minutes. Saying that, Northwest did play very well during that span which highlighted even more.
  11. Pretty sure I've already said that I don't see the O's making a move of that sort.
  12. That is correct, do you have anybody in mind?
  13. Are we the Dodgers now? I don’t foresee that happening. Sure I’d cut him but it’s not my money. If Davis isn’t cut, Trumbo wasn’t cut, Ubaldo wasn’t cut...I mean I know it’s a hypothetical situation we’re talking about but it just doesn’t make any sense to me.
  14. Unless Rutschman is going to catch 162 games, a lefty hitting backup catcher that can play passable defense would come in pretty handy.
  15. Has there ever been a suggestion that Mike Bordick used steroids? I haven’t heard that before. On the one hand, I think most of the specific players Canseco called out for using steroids ultimately admitted it after vehemently denying it at first, or later tested positive for steroids. And on the other hand, I think 85% is a number he pulled out of his ass and would have no real way of knowing.
  16. This was an awesome report, even by your lofty standards. It’s great having your perspective. Lots of stuff here that the beat reporters don’t have the space or the inclination to cover.
  17. I would add that the more effective way to run up pitch counts is likely through chaining hits/on base events together, rather than maximizing individual PA pitch counts.
  18. Yeah the 3 guys on the team he wasn't shooting up with steroids in the locker room. You know his teammates like Mark Mcguire, Rafael Paleirmo, Jason Giambi. And one of the guys he probably was laughing at was Mike Bordick who was using later when he got to the Orioles.
  19. And I agree with everything you say here. I’m not surprised that FG would be less bullish on More BA driven OBP.
  20. I think the concept of running up pitch counts is incredibly overrated in these parts. Probably because the Yankees and Red Sox used to do it to the O's in the steroid era. I don't think getting to the bullpen a hitter or two earlier is going to make much difference in a three game series.
  21. Today
  22. Yep. And I agree with that. It just seemed that for a while all that mattered to a certain segment of the OH were getting on base via the walk and taking a bunch of pitches per plate appearance, base hits be damned.
  23. You could cut him. Or eat 75% of his salary and flip him. Myers isn't the important part, it's the effective buying of prospects.
  24. Where the hell would Myers even play? We’re overwhelmed with DH/1B guys and the only positional strength we have in the farm is upper minor OF prospects. Count me as a hard pass on this particular what if scenario. If it was for an overpaid 3B or 2B then I can see the appeal in taking a bad contract in return for some prospects but Myers would be a huge mistake.
  25. The Red Sox actually paid about $63 million for Moncada - they had to pay a 100% tax for exceeding their international bonus pool money. I think your point here is valid - the O's should be looking into these types of deals, but I think Myers is a bit too expensive for how crappy he is - even if the Padres pay half his contract. I think I'd prefer the O's to use $30M elsewhere.
  1. Load more activity

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats