2019 11th round pick (318): Andrew Daschbach - CI - (JR) Stanford

21 minutes ago, weams said:

6'3 21 years old. Luke says "Andrew Daschbach - big power bat, defensively limited."

As a Sophomore (2018)
• Led the team in home runs (17), RBI (63), slugging percentage (.579) and total bases (125)
• Batted .287 with 42 runs – 17 home runs were the most in a season since Sean Ratliff (22) in 2008
• All-Pac-12
• Pac-12 All-Academic honorable mention
• 2-for-3 with a home run in a 4-2 win over Baylor (June 3)
• 2-for-4 with two RBI in Stanford’s 4-3 win over Wright State (June 1)
• 3-for-4 with four RBI and a home run in Stanford’s 9-6 win over Washington State (May 19)
• 2-for-6 with two runs in Stanford’s comeback, 6-4 win at No. 3 Oregon State (May 13)
• 3-for-4 with a home run and three RBI in a 9-0 win against Santa Clara (May ?
• Home run, five RBI and two runs while going 3-for-5 in a 25-5 win at Utah (May 5)
• 3-for-5 in a 12-1 win at Utah (May 4)
• Home run, two RBI in a 7-2 win against California (April 28)
• 2-for-4 with a double, two runs and an RBI in a 14-1 win against California (April 27)
• 4-for-4 with two runs in a 7-2 win at Arizona (April 22)
• 2-for-5 with a home run and two RBI in an 8-2 win at Arizona (April 21)
• Home run in Stanford’s 10-3 win over Arizona State (April 15)
• Go-ahead grand slam in the eighth inning of Stanford’s 11-6, comeback win over Arizona State (April 14)
• Home run in a loss at UCLA (April ?
• 2-for-3 with two home runs and five RBI in Stanford’s 13-11 win at UCLA (April 7)
• 3-for-6 with a home run and four RBI in Stanford’s 16-8 win at Santa Clara (April 3)
• Two hits, two runs, three RBI and an impressive home run in Stanford’s 11-1 win at Texas (March 11)
• Two hits and three RBI in Stanford’s 9-3 win at Texas (March 10)
• Two runs, two hits, three RBI and one home run in Stanford’s 7-4 win over Michigan (March 4)
• Second home run of the season in Stanford’s 7-0 win over Michigan (March 2)
• First career home run in Stanford’s 7-2 win over Rice (Feb. 22)
• Two RBI in Stanford’s 6-5 win over Fullerton (Feb. 18)

As a Freshman (2017)
• Played in 29 games and started 13
• Two pinch hits in first two career at-bats (single, double, RBI)
• 2-for-3 with pinch-hit RBI single, game-winning run against UCLA (April 14)
• Finished season with 11 hits, three RBI, four doubles, four walks and one steal
• Stanford had a 9-3 record when he started in left field

The Daschbach File
• Drafted in 40th round of the 2016 MLB Draft by the Tampa Bay Rays
• 2016 MaxPreps Small School State Player of the Year
• 2016 Cal-Hi Sports first-team all-state
• 2016 Cal-Hi Boys Division IV State Athlete of the Year
• 2016 PAL Bay Player of the Year
• 2016 Rawlings Perfect Game first-team all-region
• 2016 Rawlings Perfect Game second-team All-American
• 2016 MaxPreps second-team small school All-American
• 2015 Cal-High Sports first-team all-state
• Two-time area code participant
• Earned 10 varsity letters and 10 all-league awards
• First-team all-league in football, basketball, and baseball as a senior
• Frist-team all-county, first-team all-metro, first-team all-state, and small school first-team All-American in football 2016
• 2016 Cal-Hi Sports first-team all-state academic football team
• 2016 Palo Alto Daily News Football Player of the Year
• 2015 and 2016 San Mateo Daily Journal Male Athlete of the Year
• Was recognized by Sacred Heart Prep with the Dark Blue Ribbon, its highest achievement award.
• Volunteer at St. Francis of Assissi Youth Club and The Riekes Center
• Son of Liz and Mark Daschbach
• Sister, Sarah, was a 2016 graduate of Princeton University and captain and four-year starter on the volleyball team
• Father graduated from Stanford in 1984

4 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Are we just going to draft Stanford's whole team?

I hate to wonder this outwardly, but one could get the impression that Elias either loves that scout or (my concern) doesn't have enough other trusted scouts for kids across the country.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily questioning any of those picks, I just don't really like the coincidence.

[Edit: Now watch all three Stanford guys become top prospects for the O's in the next 2 years. Lol.]

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I hate to wonder this outwardly, but one could get the impression that Elias either loves that scout or (my concern) doesn't have enough other trusted scouts for kids across the country.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily questioning any of those picks, I just don't really like the coincidence.

[Edit: Now watch all three Stanford guys become top prospects for the O's in the next 2 years. Lol.]

Could be that he feels there's some flaw or weakness in the coaching at Stanford that he thinks can be corrected for.

Or, what you said.

Or, could just be total coincidence.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

25 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Could be that he feels there's some flaw or weakness in the coaching at Stanford that he thinks can be corrected for.

Or, what you said.

Or, could just be total coincidence.

Last three seasons, Stanford has finished second, first and second in the PAC-12 standings (probably the best college baseball conference; maybe the SEC).  It's also possible they just happen to have a lot of good players.

• Upvote 1