2019 14th round pick (408): Mason Janvrin - CF - (JR) University of Central Missouri (MO)

6' 2 180lbs
DOB:03/03/98

Mason_Janvrin.jpgShow Hair

Mason_Janvrin_Elite_90.jpg

Career Statistics

Hitting Statistics
Career Hitting Statistics
Season AVG GP GS AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SLG% BB HBP SO GDP OB% SF SH SB PO A E FLD%
Total .403 137 115 511 143 206 26 5 7 85 .515 42 4 62 1 .446 8 6 76 234 6 2 .992
2017 .222 22 1 9 8 2 0 0 0 0 .222 1 0 1 0 .300 0 0 8 2 1 0 1.000
2018 .387 55 54 238 61 92 12 1 2 34 .471 18 1 32 1 .425 4 4 32 109 1 1 .991
2019 .424 60 60 264 74 112 14 4 5 51 .564 23 3 29 0 .469 4 2 36 123 4 1 .992

https://ucmathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5088

Awards & Honors
• ABCA Second Team All-Region (2018)
• All-MIAA Second Team (2018)
• MIAA Gold Glove (2018)
• CoSIDA Academic All-American (2018)
• MIAA Academic Excellence Award (2017-18)
• MIAA Scholar Athlete (2018)
• MIAA Academic Honor Roll (2017-18)

As a Sophomore: Shared the team lead hitting .387 and reached base at a .425 clip and .471 slugging percentage … Led the MIAA with 92 hits and 32 stolen bases … Tied the Mules all-time record for stolen bases in a game with five at Fort Hays State and doubles with three at Rockhurst … Also led UCM and was third in the MIAA with 61 runs scored … Punched 12 doubles, one triple and two home runs, including an inside-the-park home run for his first career home run against Colorado-Colorado Springs … Drove in 34 runs and was third on the Mules with 112 total bases … Totaled 29 multiple hit games, including nine three-hit and three-four hit games and had a season-long 16 game hitting streak … Hit .439 in the postseason with at least one hit in all eight postseason games … When leading off an inning, reached base 46% of the time and upped his average to .413 with runner on base and .412 with runners in scoring position … Made the All-MIAA Second Team as an Outfielder and also earned an MIAA Gold Glove … Took home Second Team ABCA All-Region honors … In the classroom was a CoSIDA Academic All-American, MIAA Scholar Athlete, made the MIAA Academic Honor Roll and earned the MIAA Academic Excellence Award.

As a Freshman: Appeared in 22 games in 2017, making one start ... hit  .222 with 2 RBI ... scored eight runs and stole eight bases ... was named to the MIAA Academic Honor Roll and MIAA Academic Excellence honors for his work in the classroom. 

In High School: Was a three-time First Team All-Conference honoree for coaches Dave Liebnitz and Tom Scarbrough at Warrensburg High School ... was a three-time First Team All-District award winner and was named First Team All-State helping his team to a district championship ... was also a three-year letterwinner in track & field and two times in soccer ... was a First Team All-Conference, All-District, and All-State performer ... finished second in the 110 hurdles, second in the long jump and third in the high jump ... is the school record holder in the 110m hurdles and the long jump ... was a two-time Second Team All-League pick in soccer in addition to earning a First Team All-Conference and All-District nod.

Personal: Son of Kip and Teresa Janvrin ... majoring in Occupational Safety ... his mother, Teresa ran track at UCM, while his dad, Kip, was an Olympian in the decathlon in the 2000 Olympic Games and has been UCM's Co-Head Track & Field coach since 1997.

Looks like he can run.

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not sure about you guys, having a hard time with the stream all of a sudden.  It keeps dropping.  Might be bowing out here soon.

Stream seems ok here. Sorry to see you go. 

Janvrin, a Central Missouri outfielder: “He is a guy that has shown game-changing speed. He’s a true 80[-grade] runner, and Scott Thomas, our scout there, did a good job of keeping tabs on him throughout the spring. He can play center field for us at the next level. He has a very simple swing, but it has plus bat speed. He’s really an excellent ball-in-play [hitter] and we believe that we can hand [him] over to our development people, and he’s got a very high ceiling.”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-mlb-draft-new-regime20190605-story.html

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...