2016 29th Round - Will Dalton - CF - Summit High School

5'11" 195lbs DOB: 8/27/97

Mid-State Tennessee PLAYER OF THE YEAR

OF Wil Dalton

Why chosen: Dalton, the District 11-AAA MVP, hit .500 (.818 slugging) with 29 extra-base hits ? including three home runs, seven triples and 19 doubles ? 44 RBIs, 57 runs and 34 stolen bases to help lead the Class AAA semifinalist Spartans (34-7) to the best season in school history.

Quote: ?It was definitely a good year. I accomplished a lot and we accomplished a lot as a team, but yeah, there was a bitter ending. (Not winning state) was definitely a disappointment. ? I do have a few (MLB) teams that I?ve been in contact with, but really I won?t know until draft day. I?ll say we?ll cross that bridge when it gets here.?

College plans: Signed with San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas.

Family: Dad Ian, mom Mary, sisters Stephanie (33), Julianne (29) and Alyssa (20).

Athletic background: I have only played baseball my whole life.

Favorite sport other than baseball: Either football or golf.

Best high school sports moment: Helping Summit baseball win our first (district and region) championships.

Favorite athlete: Alex Gordon of the Kansas City Royals.

Favorite food: Pasta.

Summer plans: I plan to train and get ready for either college ball (at San Jacinto) or professional baseball if I get drafted in June.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself having a successful career in the major leagues.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/06/07/midstate-baseball-team/85221834/

Archived