2016 38th Round Pick - Collin Woody - 3B - UNC Greensboro

• 1 year later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You mean the Montgomery who had a 9.0 ERA AGAINST US in the playoffs and still won?  Yeah. Bud you keep beating this horse, but as it turned out the Orioles didn't pitch, hit or play def the same way in the playoffs.  IF they had done that, perhaps it would have proven that the pitching was the reason the 23 playoffs ended for the O's.  I mean I agree that I wish we had gotten Montgomery.  But if Grayson pitched against Texas the way he pitched against Tampa or Wash in his last two starts...at the very least the O's do not get swept.  And maybe they get on a roll.  We don't know. We do know that the best hitter for the Orioles in the playoffs last year was Jorge Mateo who outhit the entire team in one game (except Gunnar) going 4-5 in Game 3.  That kinda tells you something. And not specifically to your point, but even though Bradish exited game one in 4.2 innings, he outlasted Heaney for the Rangers.  Game one comes down to the Jacob Webb HR, otherwise the bull pen does good work.  Win Game 1 and well everything looks different.  It didn't.  But not because of the point you consistently make that the Orioles failed to get a starter like Montgomery.   They failed to perform pretty widely.  As is won't to do in a three game series. Simply repeating it over and over, doesn't make it so.
    • True. When Means gets activated off of the IL is ERA will be 0.00. He’s not going to get handed a rotation spot, but I think he’ll replace Tate in the pen.  I do wonder about the AAA defense. The IF seems really shaky and if Norby/Kjerstad are the everyday COF then oh my. 
    • First game up this season.  He played a whole 2 games in the field in the MLB last year and might have been a little nervous that it is a sign that the team doesn't trust him in the field.  
    • I wonder if Kjerstad will be back in Norfolk when the team returns to Baltimore.
    • 3/15 base is the rumor, which breaks down to a 2/12.2 extension after his rookie deal expires.  That's an absolute steal, and even with a huge amount of incentives, I can't believe the Ravens got him to sign this cheaply.
    • Anyone notice him smiling as he got into the box for his final at bat?   I think he was feeling a little better about life after making solid contact twice in a row.  
    • I would feel better about this game if he would foul off a few close ones with 2 strikes-like Kjerstad did last night-instead of just watching them go by. Take those pitches on the outside to the opposite field.  If your expecting 1 pitch but get another, fight it off. I'd be happy with another hit before another 15 ABs go by. Maybe throw in a few 95+ EV in there too.
  • Popular Contributors