Chapman gets $30M from unknown NL team

GoldGlove21

Don't start a thread saying he's got it unless you know he's got it.

All you've got is an iffy story on a *rumor* site, that doesn't even name the team...

Uh, hes got it. Its not an iffy story from a rumor site, its an article from a Yahoo! writer that the rumor site posted to make it easier for people to find.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-chapmansigns011010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Get over yourself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4813486

The Reds are mentioned as the 'possible' NL team.

Roch is saying the Reds now as well:

Cuban defector Aroldis Chapman has agreed to a $30 million deal with a National League club, according to a tweet from Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports.

That's an impressive sum for a pitcher who brings such mixed reviews. Some teams love him, others question his character and whether he can be a starter in the majors. Some teams think he's ready right now, others think he isn't polished enough and will take time.

The Orioles liked Chapman and placed his value as equal to another pitching prospect from the past (I don't have the name), so the Hendricks brothers would know what the club was willing to spend. They obviously knew that they could get a better deal someplace else and never got back to the Orioles.

The Red Sox passed after Chapman turned down their $15.5 million offer and changed agents.

I can't imagine the Marlins doling out $30 million.

What about the Nats?

It'll be interesting to see where he winds up and whether he pans out.

If it makes you feel any better about the off-season, the Yankees didn't sign Chapman, John Lackey, Matt Holliday or Jason Bay. But they're going hard after Jerry Hairston Jr.

Update: Passan is now speculating that the Reds have signed Chapman for $30 million over five years.

If it makes you feel any better about the off-season, the Yankees didn't sign Chapman, John Lackey, Matt Holliday or Jason Bay. But they're going hard after Jerry Hairston Jr.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 100 losses, here we come.

:)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 100 losses, here we come.

:)

Haha, and there are a few posters on this board who would like to see us bring Hairston back as our super utility player this season. I actually don't think that's a bad idea, but, according to Roch, this is yet another player the Yanks might outbid us for. :laughlol:

"The Reds officially signed free agent lefty Aroldis Chapman to a six-year deal worth $30MM today." - http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

That's an awfully long contract for a guy who has only heat and really nothing much else. I confess I have not watched him pitch, and when I did, it was at the WBC where he looked like D-Cab.

Well I'm interested to see how his career progresses. Good luck to him!

Don't start a thread saying he's got it unless you know he's got it.

All you've got is an iffy story on a *rumor* site, that doesn't even name the team...

I think you're confused. MLBTradeRumors.com doesn't create the rumors. They just centralize information, from many reputable sources, for fans to easily access. Kind of like the OH forums really.

From their website:

MLB Trade Rumors is a clearinghouse for relevant, legitimate baseball rumors. The site focuses on the hot stove - trades and free agent signings. Rumors come from established journalists, and always include a link to the source material. All 30 teams are covered.

Archived