2004 College Lacrosse Thread

Munson

For any who attended the Towson game today:

I'm sorry, I HAVE to play that stupid "Johnny U" song at the half. The AD makes me. Tom Judd, the PA announcer is SUPPOSED to shill it after it plays, but he left the booth so all we got was a really slow, lame song to start the half.

It'd make more sense if we had a jumbotron and could show it with a Johnny U retrospect, but as it is, its just a slow ass depressing song.

Though, the game is slow and depressing today anyway, with Providence not even trying to win, just trying to keep the score respectable. 7 to 1 at the half, and if Providence wasn't clock killing on every possession it'd probably be 15-1.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 Johns Hopkins 2-0 (6) 195 1
2 Maryland 2-0 (4) 192 2
3 Syracuse 2-0 183 3
4 Rutgers 2-0 145 T8
5 Notre Dame 1-0 135 T8
6 Georgetown 1-1 132 T11
7 Princeton 1-1 129 5
8 Duke 2-1 127 6
9 North Carolina 1-1 123 4
10 Denver 3-0 123 T11
11 Hofstra 1-1 95 19
12 Loyola 1-1 89 7
13 Cornell 1-1 84 10
14 Massachusetts 2-1 76 13
15 Navy 2-1 75 n/r
16 UMBC 1-1 50 18
17 Virginia 1-3 39 16
18 Towson 1-1 33 17
19 Army 1-1 31 n/r
20 Air Force 2-1 18 14

Others receiving votes (in order): Bucknell, Ohio State, Fairfield, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Dartmouth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wedge [/i]
[B]Towson at Maryland, 1 pm, on WMAR...

I don't expect Towson to win, but it'll be interesting to see how close they keep it. [/B][/QUOTE]

We did good (considering) it was a game that we didn't have to win since it was non-conference....but it was a great game to see what we really had. The young attackmen had problems up until the 4th quarter, when we scored 5 goals.

So all in all...Sunday when UVA comes to Towson is gonna be great. :cool:

Guest theklaffer
[B]Hopkins is for real. [/B][/QUOTE]

You better believe it!!!

Uh, that would be Princeton and Syracuse in consecutive weeks by an average margin of over 10 goals.

Finally, this is the year. I've been saying that since my freshman year, and every year, I believe it's true, but this is the best I've seen them.

Only real concern right now is Maryland.

27 days until the big showdown. 100th meeting of the best rivalry in lacrosse.

[B]Ugh. Awesome game, but UVA took out Towson in overtime. 9-8. [/B][/QUOTE]

great game...I can't believe we let UVA back in the game :mad: :(

that being said...UVA and John Christmas didn't impress me, one bit...both looked sloppy and were lacking some major fundamental aspects of the game.

Reed Southern on the other hand...WOW!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by imagine29028 [/i]
[B]great game...I can't believe we let UVA back in the game :mad: :(

that being said...UVA and John Christmas didn't impress me, one bit...both looked sloppy and were lacking some major fundamental aspects of the game.

Reed Southern on the other hand...WOW! [/B][/QUOTE]

The...REED! Yeah, Sothoron was otherworldly yesterday. Probably realized that he needed to be to contend with Tillman Johnson. That was actually the best TU had played for awhile, except for the sluggishness coming out of halftime.

What was with UVA getting all those unneccessary roughness and unsportsmanlikes?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mdpatsfan [/i]
[B]Christmas played? I had heard he was still hurt. He has missed at least two games this year so I'm sure that has to do with his not being up to speed. It's also a hamstring, he may be dealing with that the rest of the year. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah he played...had 3 helpers. But it was just the little things he did, like not catching passes or passing to guys who were double teamed.....little things you learn before you even play high school. And this guy is one of the best in the nation?

Peter LeSuer (hopkins top midfielder) was at the game...I guess scouting for next week against UVA. My buddy went to high school with him (Garden City, NY) and was chatting to him for a few minutes.

Next week we're at Rutgers and then we start the CAA part of our schedule and two back to back night games at "the U" (I hate that title, saying) in early April against Nova and Mt. St Marys.

Archived