Would you trade Adam Jones even up for these CF's?

Frobby

I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I count Jason Heyward as a CF? While the Braves don't play him there, he can certainly handle the position.

Absent Heyward, I'd would say these guys rank ahead of Jones if considering multiple seasons

McCutchen

Rasmus

maybe BJ Upton

Mike Trout

noticeably missing are guys who will probably soon move off the position - Hamilton, Kemp

But I think I am seeing your motivation behind the question. When considering asset value, Jones has to be in top 10 CFs in baseball, maybe even sneaking into the top 5

Can I count Jason Heyward as a CF? While the Braves don't play him there, he can certainly handle the position.

Absent Heyward, I'd would say these guys rank ahead of Jones if considering multiple seasons

McCutchen

Rasmus

maybe BJ Upton

Mike Trout

noticeably missing are guys who will probably soon move off the position - Hamilton, Kemp

But I think I am seeing your motivation behind the question. When considering asset value, Jones has to be in top 10 CFs in baseball, maybe even sneaking into the top 5

You picked the wrong Upton. Justin is the one you want. BJ is a head case who ACTUALLY dogs it on plays when he isn't into it.

Rasmus

J. Upton

Thats about it for me.

edit::: forgot that Justin was a RF.

Kemp, Gutierrez, McCutcheon, Rasmus, Jackson.

This was my list, but I dropped Kemp because of the off-field issues and one fewer years of control. His ceiling is a good deal higher than Jones, but I just don't trust the make-up risk at this point.

EDIT -- Oops, I didn't include Jackson. Still think the swing needs a fair amount of work for there to be enough consistent contact.

Pick the ones you'd trade Jones for.

Which CF's? Just any in MLB? I'm not getting Josh Hamilton for him, so I'll say Austin Jackson. They both have a .333 wOBA and Jackson is a much better defender. Don't think Detroit would agree to it though. I'd take Guteirrez, Gardner, Cody Ross, Kemp or Bourne as well.:laughlol:

Why would you want BJ Upton, he's just like Adam Jones.. Hitting wise, Attuide wise, hasn't lived up to his potential. So if you do a Adam Jones for BJ Upton trade . Your basically get the same player.. The only difference between them is that one name is AJ and the other is BJ

Which CF's? Just any in MLB? I'm not getting Josh Hamilton for him, so I'll say Austin Jackson. They both have a .333 wOBA and Jackson is a much better defender. Don't think Detroit would agree to it though. I'd take Guteirrez, Gardner, Cody Ross, Kemp or Bourne as well.:laughlol:

Wait... Brett Gardner? You'd trade Jones for Gardner? You're right, that's hilarious. I needed that laugh!

I picked Rasmus, Upton, Kemp. Should've picked McCutcheon but missed him. Sat there for a while thinking about Austin Jackson.

Why would you want BJ Upton, he's just like Adam Jones.. Hitting wise, Attuide wise, hasn't lived up to his potential. So if you do a Adam Jones for BJ Upton trade . Your basically get the same player.. The only difference between them is that one name is AJ and the other is BJ

Upton is more likely to carry the higher OBP and that is a huge difference between the 2.

Wait... Brett Gardner? You'd trade Jones for Gardner? You're right, that's hilarious. I needed that laugh!

I picked Rasmus, Upton, Kemp. Should've picked McCutcheon but missed him. Sat there for a while thinking about Austin Jackson.

I'd also trade Jones for Gardner. Gardner is way, way underrated.

Archived