Would you trade Adam Jones even up for these CF's?

Frobby

I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, section18 said:

I hope this doesn't turn negative for AJ.  He is a great guy and I think could some day be the Oriole Manager.  If he accepts a deal I think he will stay in the good graces of everyone. I am not changing my opinion of him whether he accepts or rejects a trade.  I think he can improve his negotiating power for a 2019 contract by playing for a playoff or world series contender. He will get to showcase his talent and more people will hear him interviewed.  He's always a great interview and I think he will be on mlb network or ESPN when his playing days are over. He should not end his time with  the Orioles FO and fans in a bad way after being a fan favorite for many years..

Read Peter Schmucks article sounds like Duquette is saying they are rebuilding and don't want Jones back. They are intending slash payroll and certainly won't be getting anywhere near the 16-17 million he's been making the last few years.

i think it would be wise for Jones to move. I'd imagine you let him stay at something like 7-8 million per for 2 years with maybe an option.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

According to Schmuck it sounds like the O's are ready to move on from Jones. 

He was asked pointedly if it was possible Jones would be with the club next season.

“His contract is up,” Duquette said. “I don’t know whether Adam will be here or not, but the club is going in the direction of younger ballplayers. I can tell you that.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-are-moving-away-from-adam-jones-20180729-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+baltimoresun%2Fsports%2Fmotorracing%2Frss2+(Auto+Racing)

My reactions:

1.   It’s good if the O’s are moving to younger players and if that means Adam has to find a new team, so be it.   

2.   Dan Duquette doesn’t even know if he will be with the Orioles after this year, so therefore of course he doesn’t know if any of the players will be, including Jones.   

I agree with the title of the thread, but not because I think there will be or ahould be negativity here, or even because we might get a bit of a prospect back.   No,  I just think Adam is one of those pro athletes who can up his game on the big stage and I would absolutely love it for him to see him get a ring while recapturing a bit of the glory of...”Glory Days”

Adam Jones can do what he wants.  He is within his rights to decline a trade.  I do think he would improve his market value by going to a contender but it's his career and his decision, and I'm not going to judge him for making what is a very personal decision.  

Jones, declining to waive is 10/5 rights, not a big deal.  Its not like the Orioles are going to get anything of value for him.  For example, Philadelphia, what are going to give up for Jones and the remaining $7 million salary to use his as their fourth outfielder?  The Orioles can use AJ as their fourth outfielder to create room for younger players the rest of the season.

Roch has some interesting nuggets this morning.   

"Jones has earned the right to choose where he plays by being in the league for 10 years and with the Orioles for five, but it’s creating an uncomfortable situation because the team doesn’t want to lose him over the winter with only draft compensation and, from what I’ve gleaned, they could strike a deal with the Phillies upon his approval."

If you were the Orioles, would you offer Jones a QO at the end of the year?  Isn't there a good chance he'd accept and be one of the highest paid players in 2019 then?  Shame that the year is ending with a bit of tension between the front office and the team's most beloved player.

14 minutes ago, Aglets said:

"Jones has earned the right to choose where he plays by being in the league for 10 years and with the Orioles for five, but it’s creating an uncomfortable situation because the team doesn’t want to lose him over the winter with only draft compensation and, from what I’ve gleaned, they could strike a deal with the Phillies upon his approval."

If you were the Orioles, would you offer Jones a QO at the end of the year?  Isn't there a good chance he'd accept and be one of the highest paid players in 2019 then?  Shame that the year is ending with a bit of tension between the front office and the team's most beloved player.

No way.

4 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Adam should do what he wants. He's earned that right. His friends should either encourage him to follow his heart or STFU. I appreciate everything Adam has done for the Orioles and the city. It's his move.

This.  While I'd prefer to see him moved to a contender so that they can get some kind of return, he's earned the right to decline any trades.  Maybe when push comes to shove, it'll get done.  But if not, it is what it is.

This is the stupidest title/topic for a thread ever. Stay out of Adam Jones' personal life. And stop judging the man for doing what's in his legal right to do. Him not waiving his no trade close will have absolutely no effect on his ability to sign with someone after the season. Zero. Zilch. So stop grasping at straws. 

46 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Under no circumstances the Orioles should offer Jones a qualifying offer.

3 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

It is funny that Orioles fans are surprised that Jones likes playing here (and some seemed to not believe Machado liked it either).  Maybe this place isn’t that bad after all.

Adam, did plunk down some serious money for Ripken's pad. :)

So there must be something he likes about the area.

40 minutes ago, Aglets said:

No way would I offer him the QO.  He'll accept it, it's twice as much as he'll make next year as a FA IMO.

Archived