2011 Ticket prices raised

eddie83

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

I have a schedule from last year and from what I can tell the season ticket prices are the same. I am not a season ticket holder but I think people that are should get a break.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I know it is about running a business and if they start winning the people will come. One thing I noticed is that there is still a ALL YOU CAN EAT section but last year it was sections 272-288 this year it is 282-288.

The top sections are as much as $5 more a ticket down to $1 more for the cheaper sections. Prime games jump as much as $7 a ticket for the best games to $1. I sit alot around lower left field and those tickets are $30 advance instead of $27 last year.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly the section the all-you-can eat porch is in now has a better view than before. It was also renovated.

There were a lot of improvements all throughout the seating bowl, so we will see if that is "worth" another buck or two per seat for the day-to-day buyers.

I am personally disappointed by this, but it makes my 13-game plan just that much more of a savings.

First of all, OPACY has always been relatively affordable compared to other parks that I've been to. I believe that their average ticket price may still be just below the league average, but I'm not certain.

However, this team's performance over the last several years does not warrant ticket price increases. Didn't they just raise prices last season? There is a generation of Orioles fans that knows nothing but losing. The Orioles should not be doing anything to keep their remaining fanbase from going to the park. They have just given them an excuse not to go even before the first pitch of the season. This isn't a smart PR move by the Orioles in my opinion.

First of all, OPACY has always been relatively affordable compared to other parks that I've been to. I believe that their average ticket price may still be just below the league average, but I'm not certain.

However, this team's performance over the last several years does not warrant ticket price increases. Didn't they just raise prices last season? There is a generation of Orioles fans that knows nothing but losing. The Orioles should not be doing anything to keep their remaining fanbase from going to the park. They have just given them an excuse not to go even before the first pitch of the season. This isn't a smart PR move by the Orioles in my opinion.

When Yankee Stadium has lower level box seats that will set you back 2-3 grand per pop, I find it hard to complain about the Orioles prices, even if they did go up by a buck or two.

On the other hand I have a season plan, so I don't pay the upcharge.

IMO, the O's are in no position to charge more for tickets now. Prices may still be cheaper compared to other teams, but since we have had 13 losing seasons in a row I'd say those more expensive teams at least deliver on the money spent for a ticket with wins, playoff runs and general excitement.

Yet the O's still raise prices as the win totals decrease. It's probably the most infuriating thing about this team.

In all fairness the Orioles ahve kept ticket prices so low for so long that these things are bound to happen.

The real question is this, can you still get in for under 10 bucks? Can you get a pretty decent seat for under 10 bucks? The answer is yes to both questions.

I am disappointed in the ticket price increase. But, it is a way to spurn season ticket sales because there is now a very clear value in the mini-plans they will offer and the 13-game plan is an outright steal now.

As long as they run good promotions, I can see a small increase being justified. It makes the promotions seem like better bargains, such as the Tuesday night upper deck tix (if that's the night I remember where they're all $10 or so).

They are still around, I know this because for my 13 game plan they gave me the discounted ticket price on my Tuesday games. Seriously the Orioles run so many promotions I only need one hand to count the amount of times I paid full-price for a ticket last year.

As long as they run good promotions, I can see a small increase being justified. It makes the promotions seem like better bargains, such as the Tuesday night upper deck tix (if that's the night I remember where they're all $10 or so).

They run ticket promotions every night.

Archived