Is it time to bring back the cartoon bird logo?

ChaosLex

Is it time to bring back the cartoon bird logo?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to bring back the cartoon bird logo?

• Yes, Yes, YES!!!
    • No, please GET OVER IT!!!

I'm all in favor of bringing it back but with a slight change....place it on a all black cap and not the traditional black and white with orange beak cap......

While making some of my earlier comments I thought about this also; there are some folks out there who would prefer that to the '66-'74 hat, though I think the '66-'74 is one of the greatest MLB hats of all time (OF ALL TIME!). Perhaps that with the road grays (which I think was mentioned), and the '66-'74 for home games? For me it's not about a connection with glory days, necessarily...I just think it looks cool and fun.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me it's not about a connection with glory days, necessarily...I just think it looks cool and fun.

These are my feelings too.

I'd like to see the "Baltimore" script "B" on an alternate hat.

A "B" would remind me too much of the Red Sox, let them keep it. I always thought it was cool that the Orioles were one of the few teams that didn't have a letter for their cap logo; but if they're going to have any letter, I'm perfectly happy with "O's" as their alternate.

When I was a kid, there were ads on TV with the cartoon bird swinging the bat and slamming the ball. Now I can't remember if they were ads for the O's or for Natty Bo... It's been a few decades after all. OH! and that cartoon bird had some really mean-looking spikes on his shoes...

Either way, there is no way the "bird on a perch" is going to inspire anyone but retirees into birdwatching

A "B" would remind me too much of the Red Sox, let them keep it. I always thought it was cool that the Orioles were one of the few teams that didn't have a letter for their cap logo....

Actually, if I remember correctly, the Orioles did use a block-style orange "B" in '63, with a mostly black cap (I think the button was orange, but not the bill).

Instead of reusing old logos of teams long gone in some halfhearted attempt to capitalize on baseball's nostalgia, why not come up with completely new one?

While I don't think the cartoon bird is the only good hat logo the Orioles have ever had, I'm not that enamored with current graphic design. Do we need to look at a nauseating current Blue Jay-esque design for a decade? Also, the post-'88 hat designs have essentially been rehashes of the '54-'62 and '64-'65 designs, so except for the cartoon bird, it's all about variations on a theme with the hat. I don't have much faith in there being something completely new that isn't also completely awful; that is, I'm not banking on a pleasant surprise.

We don't need to bring back a logo to win the WS.

The new bird is fine and preferable IMO.

They still use the cartoon bird on the jackets and in other areas anyway.

How on earth can you pass on this concept?

No way this team will ever amount to anything until they bring in a PROVEN WINNER!!!.

I am sure Andy will need to be brow beaten before this will happen, but it is the ONLY way. :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Archived