Bowden: Orioles closing in on "humbling" deal for Guerrero

Crazysilver03

Obviously, the media jumps the gun sometimes, players manipulate through the media, and GMs aren't always open about what they are really up to in order to mislead their opposition. We'll have to see what the reality is in time. All I know is that Bowden isn't the only member of the national sports media hearing this. A person I know in the national sports media (not Roy or a friend of a cousin of a custodian at ESPN either) is hearing a sudden increase in the Vlad to the O's chatter since last night, too. Time will tell. I, personally, would like to see it happen.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue with dealing Pie is tied directly to Adam Jones health. Pie can man CF and I am pretty sure that Reimold couldn't. I am not sure the Orioles deal Pie for a starter unless it is a very good option at SP. There are still a couple option of the free agent market available to the Orioles for just cash.

I could see the Orioles dealing Pie and Tillman for proven starter, but I do not see that happening. If it does, then I would really start to think that Buck has a hand in all of this.

Who backs up CF? Does Angle sniff the MLB 25 man this year if Pie moves?

I think so. By most reports, he is the best defensive OFer in the organization. He has good speed and is supposed to be fundamentally sound. That alone would probably be good enough to earn him a part time job.

I don't think they're trading Pie, though.

I think so. By most reports, he is the best defensive OFer in the organization. He has good speed and is supposed to be fundamentally sound. That alone would probably be good enough to earn him a part time job.

I don't think they're trading Pie, though.

I dunno why, but I think they are looking to move Scott.

I say the Vlad signing is about 75 % going to happen. One other team in on him. the Angels. I think Scott might go because of some things. Also Angelos being a very big Democrat. I think Pie or Scott and Harris might be packaged for a pitcher. Who knows because things change.

If they move Scott in a crappy deal, it will ruin all the good MacPhail did this off-season.

I say the Vlad signing is about 75 % going to happen. One other team in on him. the Angels. I think Scott might go because of some things. Also Angelos being a very big Democrat. I think Pie or Scott and Harris might be packaged for a pitcher. Who knows because things change.

Crazy. I feel they could land a decent pitcher if we traded Scott. Maybe a good one if he was overpaid.

Crazy. I feel they could land a decent pitcher if we traded Scott. Maybe a good one if he was overpaid.

I think a Scott plus package could land a good SP. The question is who has a surplus of SP that needs a LH bat in LF? The LAD's have Jay Gibbons in LF.......:scratchchinhmm:

The thing about trading Scott, assuming Vlad is signed, our lineup now is overly right handed. Scott is our only left handed power threat unless Wieters steps up. I am a little leary of this.

I agree. I'd much rather keep Scott/Vlad and start Tillman with Britton on deck than trade Scott in a package for a starter. I just don't see us getting the proper value back for Scott. We all know he is a beast but I don't think the rest of MLB knows yet.

If mcphail lands vlad I give him a B+ for the offseason. If he gets the duke guy and a lefty not named Hendrickson then A-. And wow, how desperate are the rays?

The Rays are in a holding pattern, and they know it. Read the thread on the Rays' 2011 draft. Manny and Damon allow them to plug a couple of holes cheaply while preserving some money for ta big investment in the draft this summer.

I agree. I'd much rather keep Scott/Vlad and start Tillman with Britton on deck than trade Scott in a package for a starter. I just don't see us getting the proper value back for Scott. We all know he is a beast but I don't think the rest of MLB knows yet.

Come on. You think the rest of MLB doesn't know what Scott has done?

Scott's value is limited by his contract status and by the fact that he is unlikely to repeat his 2010 numbers. At his career levels, Scott is not a huge value. That will be even more true next year when he enters his most expensive arb season.

Why would the Angels want Vlad?

LF- Peter Bourjos

CF- Vernon Wells

RF- Torii Hunter

DH-Bobby Abreu

Play Abreu in LF using Bourjos as a late inning replacement/4th OF, and you've upgraded your offense with Vlad at DH. If he comes cheap enough it gives them flexibility.

Archived