I hate the red sox!

cindyluvsbrady

I love the whole bit about him thinking we should be rooting for his team, yet not backing that thought up with any logic.

Typical Sox fan...arrogant as all hell, thinking the rest of the baseball world should bow to them.

I consider myself a true baseball fan, and I watched the World Series. I don't have to like the Red Sox or cheer for them or be happy they won. I don't get how that would make me a real baseball fan. I enjoyed the Rockies' story and seeing so many young players on a big stage.

:eek::confused::mad:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check your payroll. You bought a series.

Why should I cheer for the Sox again?

I'm not asking you to cheer for them, but reading some threads gets a little insane. Ok there are red sox "fans" who invade OPACY and make fools of themselves. Fine, I understand that. But there are people who find some pretty odd reasons to crack on the red sox. "I hate the red sox cause Papelbon yells a lot" C'mon.

Look, I didn't wanna ruffle feathers (no pun intended), and if you read in the ALCS threads, I've done nothing but agree about bandwagoners. But if you're hate on the red sox, find a better reason than Papelbon yells or Pedroia is short.

I love the whole bit about him thinking we should be rooting for his team, yet not backing that thought up with any logic.

Typical Sox fan...arrogant as all hell, thinking the rest of the baseball world should bow to them.

I like it how I'm not a "true fan" if I hate the Red Sox. Nice to see the Sox fans telling Oriole fans how to support their team.:rolleyes:

I was hoping for a Indians/Cubs WS but oh well......

Congratulations to a franchise that gets it. They put together a mixture of veterans and newcomers that really play well together. They were able to overcome mistakes like Gagne. They have an organization that seems to be providing talent on a regular basis, and they have been able to build a brand that is recognized and respected throughout an entire region providing revenue commensurate with that recognition.

It is odious and utterly discouraging to have your home ballpark overrun by the fans from the opposing team, especially when you consider them to be “bandwagon fans”. I hope Andy MacPhail has been taking notes and has the presence of mind to resist the impulse of dismissing those fans and that team out-of-hand. I hope he is smart enough to hire someone in the marketing department who looks at all those pink Red Sox caps as a challenge and sets out to change them to black and orange within the next three years.

Couple that with a rebuilt Orioles minor league system, some smart trades and a 100m budget and all this Red Sox angst will seem like a bad dream.

I consider myself a true baseball fan, and I watched the World Series. I don't have to like the Red Sox or cheer for them or be happy they won. I don't get how that would make me a real baseball fan. I enjoyed the Rockies' story and seeing so many young players on a big stage.

:eek::confused::mad:

Although I was pulling for the Rockies I guess, it was evident that Boston was the far superior team. I don't have a problem seeing the best team in Baseball win the World Series. I don't like the fact that it was the Red Sox, but they certainly deserved it.

The Rockies were a great story, but were clearly overmatched this week.

I'm not asking you to cheer for them, but reading some threads gets a little insane. Ok there are red sox "fans" who invade OPACY and make fools of themselves. Fine, I understand that. But there are people who find some pretty odd reasons to crack on the red sox. "I hate the red sox cause Papelbon yells a lot" C'mon.

Look, I didn't wanna ruffle feathers (no pun intended), and if you read in the ALCS threads, I've done nothing but agree about bandwagoners. But if you're hate on the red sox, find a better reason than Papelbon yells or Pedroia is short.

The Smear and Pedroia are annoying. Sorry, but they are. However, I don't like the rest of the team, the fans...the fact that they've turned into the very kind of fan they hate (yes, you are the New Yankees) and refuse to admit it.

Boston fans, on the whole are a bunch of crybabies.

Although I was pulling for the Rockies I guess, it was evident that Boston was the far superior team. I don't have a problem seeing the best team in Baseball win the World Series. I don't like the fact that it was the Red Sox, but they certainly deserved it.

The Rockies were a great story, but were clearly overmatched this week.

Agreed, it often didn't even seem like a fair match up, but at the same time, I hate the Red Sox and their success feeds that all the more. This doesn't take away at all from me being a "baseball fan."

Agreed, it often didn't even seem like a fair match up, but at the same time, I hate the Red Sox and their success feeds that all the more. This doesn't take away at all from me being a "baseball fan."

Agreed. I love the game, and am more sad that this was the end of the season to be honest. I really could care less who won it all after the season we just suffered through in Baltimore. It was nice to see teams playing good Baseball the last month.

Papelbon and Pedroia are arrogant asses. I know they have the talent, but they could showboat just a little less. Heck we all dislike Jeter but I at least respect him because the way he plays the game and he is a classy guy. If the players and the fans were just a little more humble then maybe the spite and bitterness toward the Sox wouldn't be as much, but considering the fans and players act like they are God's gift to baseball, they deserve anything that gets thrown at them.

I like it how I'm not a "true fan" if I hate the Red Sox. Nice to see the Sox fans telling Oriole fans how to support their team.:rolleyes:

Well, I'm not a "real" Orioles fan unless I root against the Red Sox in the postseason and want Millar off the team because of his antics, right? :rolleyes:

Yep, we bought a title, despite having more homegrown guys than the 2004 team. Thanks for playing.

You talk about bandwagon sox fans ruining it for the true fans? It's petty, bitter Orioles that ruin it for the fans who cheer regardless for your team, which believe it or not, I feel bad for that they have a douchebag for an owner, wrecking a proud franchise.

Please, the only homegrown guys to have any real contribution this year was Papelbon, Youklis and Pedroia. The rest of your lineup is filled with huge free agent signings: Manny made $18 million this year, JD Drew made $14 million, Shilling made $13 million, Papi made $12.5 million, Matt Clement made $9.5 million to not play, Lowell made $9 million, Julio Lugo made $8 million, Varitek made $9 million, Dice K made $6 million and the Sox paid $51 million just to be able to talk to him. Yeah I'd say you bought a title.

Please, the only homegrown guys to have any real contribution this year was Papelbon, Youklis and Pedroia. The rest of your lineup is filled with huge free agent signings: Manny made $18 million this year, JD Drew made $14 million, Shilling made $13 million, Papi made $12.5 million, Matt Clement made $9.5 million to not play, Lowell made $9 million, Julio Lugo made $8 million, Varitek made $9 million, Dice K made $6 million and the Sox paid $51 million just to be able to talk to him. Yeah I'd say you bought a title.

Oh, and thats about $10 million more than Lugo is worth :D

Papelbon and Pedroia are arrogant asses. I know they have the talent, but they could showboat just a little less. Heck we all dislike Jeter but I at least respect him because the way he plays the game and he is a classy guy. If the players and the fans were just a little more humble then maybe the spite and bitterness toward the Sox wouldn't be as much, but considering the fans and players act like they are God's gift to baseball, they deserve anything that gets thrown at them.

I Love Jeter...I can't believe I just read that...This is just too funny. I got so much grief on the board the night the Yankees lost to Cleveland for not celebrating like a madman. Saying I respected guys like Jeter for the way they play the game...I wish I'd have seen this quote a few weeks ago. My faith in humanity has been restored.

I Love Jeter...I can't believe I just read that...This is just too funny. I got so much grief on the board the night the Yankees lost to Cleveland for not celebrating like a madman. Saying I respected guys like Jeter for the way they play the game...I wish I'd have seen this quote a few weeks ago. My faith in humanity has been restored.

I agree. I admit for a while I was all about the "Jeter sucks, blah blah". And it hit me, it was jealousy. Cause he always got it done when it mattered. I have respected since that night in 04 when he ate that chair to make a catch. That's heart. He's diving into the crowd in a regular season game, and where was Nomar, Boston's golden boy? Sulking on the bench. I respect the hell out of guys like Jeter and Rivera. It's schmucks like A-Rod you should dislike.

And this has nothing to do wtih me liking the red sox and thembeing in the world series, but it takes some balls to announce you're opting out of your deal in the middle of world series game 4. Gotta keep his name on pge 1.

I don't get why people hate on Pedroia and Papelbon. I love their intensity, and think that is the kind of intensity Miggy used to show before our lowly franchise sucked the life out of him. Don't get me wrong, I was rooting hard against Boston, but I love the enthusiasm from players.

Also, I still hate the Yankees more than Boston. Always will. Not that I don't respect them (like beaner said, I can respect Jeter, even though he is incredibly over-rated), but the Yankees will always be evil #1 to Boston's evil #2.

Archived