Rosenthal: Guerrero and Orioles.

paranoidfan

No, that's not true.

KH..one thing I will add to this is if a player is called up, they end up having a ML contract.

For example, if Britton gets called up in June, he will have a ML contract but I think he only gets paid for the amount of time he spends in the majors.

IE, if he spends the rest of the season in the majors and he is being paid the league minimum, it will be pro-rated from when he gets called up..I think.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I already told you which ones I am including.

The first 17 on the COTs spreadsheet for 2011. Those 17 players already have a contract for 2011. Those players will be paid by the Orioles this year and their salaries are/will be reflected on the payroll for 2011.

The remaining 8 players that are going to make the team, as of right now, are 0-3 players and just haven't signed their deals yet.

We have heard that Harris isn't a lock to make the team, so if he is released or optioned, his salary will still be on the payroll and the player who replaces him(Green, Andino) will also be on the payroll.

Those players who have a ML contract are part of the payroll.

So you are basing your estimate of 76-79 MM on your notion of what the OD roster will be. That includes what the salaries of the 8 crrently usigned 0-3 players will be.

Educate them SG.

You can take the " I think" off.

Harris doesn't have to be optioned. He signed a major league contract but he was passed through waivers last year. He remains in the minors until and unless he is recalled. Therefore he is not currently on the major league roster.

He is still paid his major league salary because that is what he signed though he is in the minors. He is different from most young players.

Most young player are signed to split contracts. As SG says, those players get major league salaries for the days spend in the majors and minor league salaries for those days spent in the minors.

So you are basing your estimate of 76-79 MM on your notion of what the OD roster will be. That includes what the salaries of the 8 crrently usigned 0-3 players will be.

Right...but at this point, the only differences in who will make it and who won't make it will be very minimal in terms of salary differences, if there are any differences at all.

Archived