With AROD gone, Posada to leave to?

OSfanfromCT

I know that the yankees are going to pursue Posada hard this off season to bring him back, but maybe he is too fed up with the decision-making and now that AROD is more or less out of New York does he follow? And if so, the yankees are clearly on the lookout for a new catcher and third baseman. Would they be interested in a trade which included Ramon and Tejada? And if so, what would they be willing to give up, what could we assume to get in return (Melky Cabrera, Ian Kennedy, Chamberlain, Hughes??) Should the O's be willing to trade within the division at all?

This is a big time hypothetical, but I think it is intruiging and the O's should really explore any and all options. The yankees have some great young arms and to get even two of those guys could be a huge boost, especially if we look to trade Bedard.

I think we should do everything in our power to convince the Yanks and Posada to agree on a 5-year, $55M extension.
I think 3/$45M with an option is actually what the Yankees will try to do. Terribly stupid, but hey, I ain't gonna stop them!

I know that the yankees are going to pursue Posada hard this off season to bring him back, but maybe he is too fed up with the decision-making and now that AROD is more or less out of New York does he follow? And if so, the yankees are clearly on the lookout for a new catcher and third baseman. Would they be interested in a trade which included Ramon and Tejada? And if so, what would they be willing to give up, what could we assume to get in return (Melky Cabrera, Ian Kennedy, Chamberlain, Hughes??) Should the O's be willing to trade within the division at all?

I say there is no way the Yanks let Joba go unless they possibly get a pitcher with the last name Santana, that does not play for the Angels. Tejada and Hernandez coudl probably bring mack Melky, and a pitching prospect or two, but I dont see them giving up Hughes or Kennedy either. they need pitching just as bad as we do with Moose on the decline and Clemens most likely out the door. They want hughes and joba in the rotation next year behind Wang and Pettite, I think they want Lowell more, and are going to get Posada back.

Girardi getting the job definitely will have influence on Posada's decision because he was also a Yankees catcher that won 3 world series titels. I think Girardi will get Posada to come back to NY because Posada will want money coming off the arguably the best year of his career and I think the yankees might end up the only team willing to give him the years and money that he wants.

One Boras quote I read today that seems to be (mostly) slipping through the cracks is that A-Rod made his decision, in part, based on conversations with Yankees teammates that left him concerned about the future direction of the team.

I interpreted that to mean at least somebody in the Rivera-Posada-Pettitte group doesn't plan to be in pinstripes next year.

One Boras quote I read today that seems to be (mostly) slipping through the cracks is that A-Rod made his decision, in part, based on conversations with Yankees teammates that left him concerned about the future direction of the team.

I interpreted that to mean at least somebody in the Rivera-Posada-Pettitte group doesn't plan to be in pinstripes next year.

Of those names, my prediction is that it is most likely Pettite who's gone. With clemens likely not coming back and his dissatisfaction the first time he left, I wouldn't be suprised to see him out again. Which would make the chances of trading for any of their top pitching prospects that much harder.

I think Rivera is still carrying some resentment from the fact they they wouldn't discuss an extension with him prior to last season.

All of his public comments since then have indicated that the Yankees will get zero special consideration -much less discount- when he tests the market. The question is, will another team be willing to guarantee him the amount of $$$ it would take to lure him at his age?

The Yankees may be forced to give him whatever he wants to avoid making what's been a nighmarish off-season for them from a PF standpoint any worse. But, we said the same thing about A-Rod, didn't we?

I know that was the excuse given, but that's nothing but cheap-grade fertilizer. Pettitte wasn't with the Yankees during ARod's first three years. Pettitte is 35; Rivera will be 38 next season; Posada's 36. None of the three will be around half way through any long-term deal ARod makes with the Yankees. The Yankees reload, that's what they do.

The Yankees reload, that's what they do.

I really don't think they make the playoffs next year.

They'll always have money to spend, but no guarantee that they'll spend it wisely.

As a Yankee hater, I'm already loving the Steinbrenner sons. They're making the team worse and providing entertainment, too. Gotta love it.

Remember the Yankee's were not paying A-Rod the Texas Rangers were. All the stuff you read about the Yankee payroll really was including what other teams were paying them also. Now that the sons are in charge maybe we will see a tightening of the reigns in the Bronx.

2 of the 3 will probably be gone

Petite and Mo will leave and Posada will make a large withdraw from the bank of Steinbrenner.

2 of the 3 will probably be gone

Petite and Mo will leave and Posada will make a large withdraw from the bank of Steinbrenner.

This is the way I see it unfolding as well. I wonder if Petitte will sign elsewhere or just retire though.

This is the way I see it unfolding as well. I wonder if Petitte will sign elsewhere or just retire though.

Yeah that was my question too. I can really see it going either way.

For Petitte to come back to basball in general I think it is going to have to be in right situation (ie.. Anaheim, Cleveland, Arizona etc..) where he can be assured that the goal is to win next year and the pieces are already in place.

Yeah that was my question too. I can really see it going either way.

For Petitte to come back to basball in general I think it is going to have to be in right situation (ie.. Anaheim, Cleveland, Arizona etc..) where he can be assured that the goal is to win next year and the pieces are already in place.

My best guess is retirement...unless he ends up with the Rangers or Astros.

Remember the Yankee's were not paying A-Rod the Texas Rangers were. All the stuff you read about the Yankee payroll really was including what other teams were paying them also. Now that the sons are in charge maybe we will see a tightening of the reigns in the Bronx.

I would crap my pants. Literally!!! :D

Archived