MLB criticizes A-Rod, Boras for timing of announcement

Crazysilver03

Boras whines that Yankees won't talk to him

This is perfect. The Yankees lose the best player in baseball, and Scott Boras' strategy may finally blow up in his face at the same time. I hope they refuse to talk to him and if he shows up in New York, they boot him for trespassing and tow his car and it makes a big stink. That would be awesome.

I also love this:

“Intellectually, Alex is tying to understand the difference between his free agency and that of Mariano and Posada,” Boras said by phone yesterday. “Alex Rodriguez has never said he does not want to be a Yankee. Filing for free agency doesn’t mean that. Because Rivera and Posada are free agents doesn’t mean they don’t want to be Yankees.”

Theories:

1) A-Rod is a moron who lacks the capacity to understand simple nuances

2) Opting for free agency in the middle of a multi-year deal without giving the other side a chance to respond does mean that.

Cheers, Scott.

My theory is that A-Rod told Boras that if the Red Sox took the title he was opting out with the Yankees and would want a deal with Boston. I still remember how pathetic he looked as he gazed over at the 2004 team celebrating its comback against the Yankees. To me, the look was, "If it were'nt for the $%%^%$# players union, I could be celebrating too."

I think Boras figured the Sox had it locked up in the sixth inning and let the news slip.

A-Rod has family and connections with Mr. Henry and I think he will shoot for the Red Sox. He could play short if they sign Lowell or even first and move Youk back to third. He would not have to be cleanup hitter and a lineup of:

CF Ellsbury

2B Pedroia

1B Youk

DH Ortiz

LF Manny

SS A-Rod

3B Lowell

RF Drew

C Varitek

would be scary good. He would also pick up the slack when Manny leaves in the hitting department and late in his career he could replace Ortiz.

Between this and the young pitching staff, this team could be awesome for a lot of years.

With Schilling and Clement coming off the books, besides a couple of smaller pieces, that would about cover A-Rod's salary.

If it ain't Boston its gotta be one of the teams in Lala land I would think.

My theory is that A-Rod told Boras that if the Red Sox took the title he was opting out with the Yankees and would want a deal with Boston. I still remember how pathetic he looked as he gazed over at the 2004 team celebrating its comback against the Yankees. To me, the look was, "If it were'nt for the $%%^%$# players union, I could be celebrating too."

I think Boras figured the Sox had it locked up in the sixth inning and let the news slip.

A-Rod has family and connections with Mr. Henry and I think he will shoot for the Red Sox. He could play short if they sign Lowell or even first and move Youk back to third. He would not have to be cleanup hitter and a lineup of:

CF Ellsbury

2B Pedroia

1B Youk

DH Ortiz

LF Manny

SS A-Rod

3B Lowell

RF Drew

C Varitek

would be scary good. He would also pick up the slack when Manny leaves in the hitting department and late in his career he could replace Ortiz.

Between this and the young pitching staff, this team could be awesome for a lot of years.

With Schilling and Clement coming off the books, besides a couple of smaller pieces, that would about cover A-Rod's salary.

If it ain't Boston its gotta be one of the teams in Lala land I would think.

That's just slightly on the tin foil hat side, but really very interesting. An interesting angle I never thought of. He'd have two rings now.

Thanks and I was a bit unclear on one thing. A minor thing. The family connection is in Mass not with Mr. Henry. Mr. Henry worked very hard to reach a deal that MLB wouldn't take. Since he is opting out and is a free agent the Red Sox would have a lot of latitude on how to structure a contract for him.

The Red Sox could also benefit by trading Crisp and Lugo for more prospects for the farm which would also clear a chunk of salary as well.

Crisp is a steal at his contract and many teams could afford him. He is a terrific defensive player and has speed. Lugo wouldn't be quite as easy to unload, but I still think he would bring back a nice player or two.

Archived