Don Brown Leaves

JohnD

This could be a good move for the Terps if he is hired. Don't forget a coach is only as good as his players. Will he be able to recruit under the Terp guidelines? Miami has always been able to land top recruits. Maybe he has a different system he uses to land the top players. Will that system work at College Park?

This could be a good move for the Terps if he is hired. Don't forget a coach is only as good as his players. Will he be able to recruit under the Terp guidelines? Miami has always been able to land top recruits. Maybe he has a different system he uses to land the top players. Will that system work at College Park?

I wouldn't expect Shannon to come to Maryland and give Maryland the top 5 recruits out of Florida. But he is known as a very good recruitier, and his Florida ties can't hurt us.

I wouldn't expect Shannon to come to Maryland and give Maryland the top 5 recruits out of Florida. But he is known as a very good recruitier, and his Florida ties can't hurt us.

If nothing else, he can smooth over things with some of this years recruits, since Brown recruited out of Fla and Shannon is likely familiar with those guys.

Don't throw in the towel yet! I'm sure you can find something negative to ***** about if we sign Shannon!

Brotherlo....I call 'em as I see 'em. And as a Maryland alum, who for the last 45 years has hung with Maryland sports teams through both the good and the bad, I think I have the right to speak my mind. Moreso, almost everyone agrees that the situation at Maryland was handled very poorly, and that what has happened in the aftermath can rightfully to be questioned. All we can do now is hope for the best, and the possibility of landing Shannon is a glimmer of hope.

I hope he just takes the job and doesn't drag this out forever.

Edsall was quoted as saying he hopes to have the situation resolved by the end of this weekend. That leads me to believe he expects to have an answer from Shannon by today and if he says no, then it will probably be someone on the staff who gets promoted.

Edsall was quoted as saying he hopes to have the situation resolved by the end of this weekend. That leads me to believe he expects to have an answer from Shannon by today and if he says no' date=' then it will probably be someone on the staff who gets promoted.[/quote']

I hope this works out for us. Shannon seems to be the one unifying person that Terp nation is excited about.

Archived