Orioles sign Vlad

Peace21

My Spanish is a bit rusty but espndeportes says

But it looks like incentives and physical are mentioned as part of the signing.

I love my google bar translation of this!:D

MAYAGÜEZ, Puerto Rico - Dominican vladimir Guerrero and the Baltimore Orioles reached on Friday an agreement for one year and $8 million, said a source to ESPNsoccernet.com.

The agreement includes incentives and will not be official until the player exceeds the physical exam of rigour.

Guerrero, player a ninefold star and winner of eight silver bats, will be the designated hitter for the Orioles, who also agrgaron free agents derrek Lee and kevin gregg, retained shortstop Cesar Izturis and fished through change to Mark reynolds antesalista during the dead season.

Guerrero, of 35 years, hit.300 with 29 home runs and 115 racing pushed the last season with the Texas Rangers. In a spectacular 15 year career in major league baseball, the Cubs hits.320 with 436 home runs and 1,433 pushed racing and won the American League's most valuable player award in 2004.

Love the move as well!!!:thumbsup1:

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With vlad in the fold, the os have maybe a top 7 lineup of all of baseball. Hail andy with the moves this year.

1. 2B roberts

2. RF markakis

3. 1B lee

4. DH vlad

5. 3B reynolds

6. LF scott

7. CF jones

8. C wieters

9. SS hardy

I love my google bar translation of this!:D

MAYAGÜEZ, Puerto Rico - Dominican vladimir Guerrero and the Baltimore Orioles reached on Friday an agreement for one year and $8 million, said a source to ESPNsoccernet.com.

The agreement includes incentives and will not be official until the player exceeds the physical exam of rigour.

Guerrero, player a ninefold star and winner of eight silver bats, will be the designated hitter for the Orioles, who also agrgaron free agents derrek Lee and kevin gregg, retained shortstop Cesar Izturis and fished through change to Mark reynolds antesalista during the dead season.

Guerrero, of 35 years, hit.300 with 29 home runs and 115 racing pushed the last season with the Texas Rangers. In a spectacular 15 year career in major league baseball, the Cubs hits.320 with 436 home runs and 1,433 pushed racing and won the American League's most valuable player award in 2004.

Love the move as well!!!:thumbsup1:

This made me laugh

I hope he got $4.5 mm base salary and a $3.5 mm incentive for winning the Silver Slugger. That's an incentive that would be worth every penny if he earned it! :P

On a serious note, I know incentives for the Silver Slugger are allowed, but is there a cap on how high that kind of incentive (as opposed to an incentive based on games or plate appearances) can be?

I know the resident armchair GMs are gonna tell me why I'm wrong but I don't care about the price. One year deal ain't gonna hamstring us for future deals.

How's the crow taste, Trea?

What crow? I said they had to come up, and they did.

I never said we weren't going to sign Vlad.

With vlad in the fold, the os have maybe a top 7 lineup of all of baseball. Hail andy with the moves this year.

1. 2B roberts

2. RF markakis

3. 1B lee

4. DH vlad

5. 3B reynolds

6. LF scott

7. CF jones

8. C wieters

9. SS hardy

Loving how MacPhail tackled the offense issue this year. Well done, Andy. We've finally got a lineup to be excited about.

I'm guessing the $8 million is the most he can make with incentives.

I'm guessing $4.5 base salary.

It is something like that. If he makes 8 million from the Orioles this year, we will all be trill and will not trade him for the post season because we will be in it.

Archived