I talked to an insider today

PlumOriole

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh goody. We're going to move our aging, mediocre hitting 3B to LF. Then, he can be our new "medicore hitting" LFer. God forbid we get a legit hitter for LF. Moving Mora to LF is absolutely ridiculous IMO...
I would like real LF myself. Hell, I'd settle for Murton. However ARod(a pipe dream) would upgrade SS by .150 OPS and Tejada would upgrade 3B by .50 OPS, and Mora would likely upgrade LF by .100 OPS. Thats an offensive upgrade of .300 OPS. The stat guys will have to tell me how many extra runs that translates to.

Yes, I believe that is the point and I agree with it. Besides, Mora is likely to put up an OPS about 100 points higher than what we've gotten from LF in the last couple years. If Scott Moore / Huff can produce Mora level numbers or better at 3rd, we've come out well ahead next year without spending a dime on LF. It isn't a sexy move, but it makes a lot of sense IMO if the team feels Reimold is the long term solution.

I was going to say the same things about Mora. If he puts up an OPS like he had last season, we'd make out on the deal, provided a Huff or Moore/Chris Gomez-type would provide pretty good production at third base.

Any possibility we move Bedard? To me, I just can't see us keeping him if he won't sign a long term deal this off season.

A fair offer will be made but they are not optimistic he will agree. As I have said before there is a possiblility he would be move in not this winter then by the trading deadline. That is what I'm hearing anyway FWIW

A fair offer will be made but they are not optimistic he will agree. As I have said before there is a possiblility he would be move in not this winter then by the trading deadline. That is what I'm hearing anyway FWIW
Trading deadline has been my thought as well.

Trading deadline has been my thought as well.

And we all know what is going to happen if we do wait, Bedard is going to have some sort of injury that won't allow us to trade him and he'll walk for nothing or we'll trade him for less next offseason. Have the Orioles learned nothing from the Tejada situation? Trade while players have peak value, don't risk an injury or downturn in performance. It is very likely we have see the best season from Bedard and he could only go down from here...

This makes a lot of sense. We could probably still get a huge haul for him at the deadline next season, as he'll be the property of the club he's traded to for another season.

This makes a lot of sense. We could probably still get a huge haul for him at the deadline next season, as he'll be the property of the club he's traded to for another season.

This is the same thinking that has us now trying to trade a devalued Tejada. Why risk it with Bedard? Either sign him or trade him but do either this offseason. It's stupid to risk injury or worse performance if you want to trade him. Let's not forget Bedard is going to have a new PC. Maybe he won't adapt and he'll struggle...

This is the same thinking that has us now trying to trade a devalued Tejada. Why risk it with Bedard? Either sign him or trade him but do either this offseason. It's stupid to risk injury or worse performance if you want to trade him. Let's not forget Bedard is going to have a new PC. Maybe he won't adapt and he'll struggle...

Cause Bedard listens to PC :rolleyes:

Archived