I talked to an insider today

PlumOriole

Cause Bedard listens to PC :rolleyes:

Well he did to Mazzone, and if Bedard is doing something mechanically wrong and he's getting lit up he may not listen to Kranitz's advice and continue to struggle dropping his value...

I think we are all being naive if we think Bedard is going to repeat last season. I just don't see it being an 100% probability which is what it had better be if you think you can get the same for Bedard at the deadline vs. this offseason...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the same thinking that has us now trying to trade a devalued Tejada. Why risk it with Bedard? Either sign him or trade him but do either this offseason. It's stupid to risk injury or worse performance if you want to trade him. Let's not forget Bedard is going to have a new PC. Maybe he won't adapt and he'll struggle...

Hey, I agree with what you are saying, but I can understand them holding on to Bedard and maybe trying to work out a long term deal before the trading deadline.

I wonder if some teams may want to see him pitch a little to make sure he's 100% before they commit to giving up a bounty of prospects, though.

I would definitely make him available right now and get some teams in a bidding war. I just don't think the FO is thinking that way right now.

Well he did to Mazzone, and if Bedard is doing something mechanically wrong and he's getting lit up he may not listen to Kranitz's advice and continue to struggle dropping his value...

I think we are all being naive if we think Bedard is going to repeat last season. I just don't see it being an 100% probability which is what it had better be if you think you can get the same for Bedard at the deadline vs. this offseason...

I agree, the odds are much more likely that Bedard will be better. :D

I will absolutely be stunned if

1) Miss Pay-Rod is an Oriole in 2008

2) Erik Bedard is an Oriole in 2009

To quote Officer Barbrady "move on people, nothing to see here"...

To quote Chief Wiggum "move on people, nothing to see here"..."WHOA! Look at the flaming wreckage... C'mon. Look!"

Guest oriofan8

I can't believe that anyone really thinks that ARod would consider the Orioles...really?? West coast...LA...big city lights !!!...or Baltimore??

ARod goes to LA...bet on it !!

This is the same thinking that has us now trying to trade a devalued Tejada. Why risk it with Bedard? Either sign him or trade him but do either this offseason. It's stupid to risk injury or worse performance if you want to trade him. Let's not forget Bedard is going to have a new PC. Maybe he won't adapt and he'll struggle...

As usual, you and I are on the same page man.

If the Tigers are going with Renteria in order to compete next season, why not bring up a Bedard for Maybin and Miller deal at the winter meetings?

Sure, they'll be losing Milller but young Porcello will be ready to assume a spot in the rotation in another year to two years.

Bedard could vault them past Cleveland next season and, perhaps, past Boston. Bedard, Verlander, and Bonderman.

Quite a 1-2-3 punch.

Guest oriofan8
Cabrerra is the better SS. Will he be willing to play 3B there?

For a TON O' $$$...sure

I don't believe ARod is leaving NY because of the position he plays...I believe he's leaving NY...to get away from the NY media. I think he goes WCoast...for the $$$..and the stardom. Doesn't seem like a "home body" kinda guy. he wants the "GLITZ"..I think

You think we will make a run at AROD?

I think we should, but I'm afraid we'd halfass it like everything else. At least this year I don't think we should consider signing any FA's other than Arod. So if we waste the whole offseason and come up empty, it's not such a big deal I guess.

I'd guess the Red Sox and Dodgers will be frontrunners. Maybe the White Sox Phillies and Braves as outside contendors. I doubt the Angels will be players.

Archived