O's to leave 105.7

Remember The Alomar

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else live in Howard Co.? Every night at 8 PM, the WBAL signal goes from booming to almost nothing....the signal gets very weak and waifs in and out. It's maddening trying to listen to it and it used to drive me crazy!! I enjoy listening to Joe Angel broadcast the games, and I was so happy when they switched to 105.7. Their signal is always strong and crisp.

Maybe I'll just move to North Carolina.....WBAL booms down there at night.

Just when we all got used to them being on 105.7 FM with all the radios set, they go and sign with someone else. AM as well. So, I guess we have to get used to the cracking and whisling and dropped signals all over again.

This fan is not happy.

Now, I have find my ole AM radio for the times I am at the Minor League games.

What I said in the other thread.

Ugh. Guess I won't be listening to the O's on the radio anymore. Going to AM is like going back to the 1920s. Time to move to the future, not the past.

I'm surprised the O's haven't tried making their own sports radio station. MASN radio.

Kinda sucks. Living in Chicago, I get the games on MLB AtBat. The FM sources of games sound so much better. Oh well. As long as they win, I'll learn to deal :)

I would think the AtBat stream originates from the radio station separately, rather than being picked up via the AM signal and then streamed. If that's the case, you shouldn't notice any difference in sound at all. As someone with the AtBat app on my phone, I hope that's the case....not a fan of AM radio.

I'll miss the crisp sound of FM, but at least the range should be better.

See, for me this is great news. I live on the MD/PA line, and I couldn't get 105.7. I lose it three quarters of the way home from work on Rt. 136. It becomes a PA rock station. I could only listen from radios stationed in particular places around my house...and then it wasn't clear. I get WBAL much better. So, that part makes me happy.

Archived