Toronto without the HGH

weams

The good ol' USA of where you're guilty until proved innocent, even if it's for simply a game.

Plus, Brian Roberts and a pretty long list of other Orioles say hello.

And If BR hits 30 dingers this year, then I will be the first to suspect something is fishy and I will have every right to do so.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The good ol' USA of where you're guilty until proved innocent, even if it's for simply a game.

Plus, Brian Roberts and a pretty long list of other Orioles say hello.

And I have every right to not care what these athletes put into their bodies.

Shoot, it's not like steroids help you win. The O's are example #1 of that.

I agree with you completely. Make them all legal and all drugs for that matter. But then change the rule and level the playing field. It should never be who has the best supplier wins. It's obvious that the O's weren't getting the good stuff, LOL

I also find it interesting that there's all this hate and discontent for what really appears to be a choice. The Jays were only a small bit above league-average in runs scored, since they hit .248 and had a rather poor .312 OBP. They chose to swing for the fences at the expense of batting average and getting on base, and it got them a 100 OPS+.

You'd think a team that was being accused of taking magic potions granting them unheard of power would have maybe, I don't know, been an above average offensive team. Or that might just be me...

See, I believe that without the magic elixir, they would be much worse than were are, but hey...that is just my unsubstantiated rumor.

Exactly what do I not know about? Im fully informed that PED's were rampant in the league. I am fully informed that almost everyone knew about it. I am fully informed that everyone in baseball denied it. I am most fully informed that they are NOT LEGAL unless perscribed by a doctor. I will not argue to what expent they do or don't do. The fact is they are not legal in Baseball or anywhere when obtained on the black market. If a player is accused of using them, it seems real simple to me, to prove they are not, no matter what they do.
No you're not. You're lumping them all together. They don't all work the same way or do the same things. There are many misconceptions about them. For instance, did you know that when Congress made steroids essentially illegal in 1991, they did so over the objections of the AMA the DEA and the CDC, organizations that might know something about drugs and their effects. The laws and rules against some PED's are based mostly on ignorance and public hysteria.

BTW there are no studies demonstrating conclusively, that HGH improves athleteic performance. It makes you look good and feel good. Is there any evidence that TOR players are better looking than those of the lower 48?:laughlol:

http://www.slate.com/id/2162473/

http://www.eternalhgh.com/athletic-performance-and-human-growth-hormone.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/24577-effects-hgh-athletes/

Are you still peddling this nonsense? Good grief. I thought you were put to bed in the Raffy thread. But then again, you think steroids and HGH have zippy effect on performance in baseball. You think that it all has to do with recovery. Which is complete and utter nonsense.

Archived