Teixeira: Bury Me in Pinstripes

OFFNY

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy has an ego that won't quit and loves himself beyond description. These quotes today say it all. He is telling people in NY he is not leaving and got a No-Trade for a reason. Who was the last Yankee to make these kind of statememnts? Has he had his birth certificate changed to say he was born in NY? That's probably going to happen pretty soon. Once a New Yorker always a New Yorker. I think Girardi should have a shirt made for him with stars all over it and they should have a special song written for him titled Mark's a STAR....Didn't you know that?

It will be fun in a rubber-necking way to see what happens. If Pujols becomes a free agent, then how can the Yankees not sign him? There will be tremendous pressure to do it. Ye they absolutely don't have a position for him. It will also be interesting to see if Tex gets pissed and has a monster year. If I remember correctly, he's played better in the past when he was pissy about his contract, trades, etc. Whatever happens, I hope the NY media talks and writes non-stop about this all spring and causes as much trouble as possible for the MFY. :)

Tex is just another Yankee poser. The only difference between him and some goof rocking a Yankee cap in Baltimore is that he plays for them.

'Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make [$180mil over 8 years]… I gotta have more [PINSTRIPES]!'

'Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make [$180mil over 8 years]… I gotta have more [PINSTRIPES]!'

I would rather have Bruce Dickenson, or just regular old Christopher Walken at first base than ever see Tex in an O's uniform.

Archived