Brian Roberts misses workout with back spasms

SammyBirdland

I do. Nolan is looking like its 2009 all over again and I would rather have him on the roster.

Give me the young guy over the star in decline every day of the week.

You missed the point.

Vlad is a necessity especially due to the injuries this team will likely experience.

His bat will help make up for the loss of Roberts/Hardy/Lee and likely drop in offense that will come from their inadequate replacements.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You missed the point.

Vlad is a necessity especially due to the injuries this team will likely experience.

His bat will help make up for the loss of Roberts/Hardy/Lee and likely drop in offense that will come from their inadequate replacements.

Someone who is solely a DH is never a necessity.

B-Rob and Izzy are both out today.

Split-squad, here is the first game thread.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107770

Infielders Derrek Lee, Brian Roberts and Cesar Izturis won't be in either lineup. Lee is getting a magnetic resonance imaging on his sore right wrist today. Roberts remains sidelined with back spasms. Izturis turned his left ankle Monday. The good news is that both Roberts and Izturis are feeling better and estimated that they'll return to the lineup soon.

Said Izturis: "Couple of more days, but it’s getting better. I’m going to hit today to see how it feels tomorrow. It’s good. I have no pain."

Said Roberts: "I try to play every day so I just wake up and see how it is. If it was the regular season, I could probably play. But I doubt we’ll push it."

Roberts also said that he had the spasms a couple of days before his much-discussed head-first slide into first base on Monday night against the New York Yankees.

"I had a grab that kind of started two days before that," Roberts said. "I never really said anything. I just kept going. I wanted to keep playing. It’s what I used to get. When I get them, they usually come on and go away on their own after a couple of days. I probably didn’t help things about sliding when I already had a back spasm, but that wasn’t what caused it."

Jeff Zrebiak

That is the point. Roberts would be playing right now if this were the regular season, but they are just being extra careful with his back right now. There really isn't anything to see here.

Well, except for the small fact that this is the exact same thing he said last Spring...just before missing 100 games! :o

Well, except for the small fact that this is the exact same thing he said last Spring...just before missing 100 games! :o

He was sitting out of workouts then, he sat out of a game, but is still taking full workouts. Going back and reading some of these articles, the ones I can access anyway while I am at lunch, the tone seems much different.

Roberts was diagnosed with a disk problem in February close to the start of camp. He was injured when he came into camp, that did not happen this year.

He was sitting out of workouts then, he sat out of a game, but is still taking full workouts. Going back and reading some of these articles, the ones I can access anyway while I am at lunch, the tone seems much different.

Roberts was diagnosed with a disk problem in February close to the start of camp. He was injured when he came into camp, that did not happen this year.

Joe Crede called, he said not to be so dismissive. ;)

That is the point. Roberts would be playing right now if this were the regular season, but they are just being extra careful with his back right now. There really isn't anything to see here.

SJ, I know the sun is always shining on you and your fedora, but can you at least see why people are having the reaction they are right now?

SJ, I know the sun is always shining on you and your fedora, but can you at least see why people are having the reaction they are right now?

Ok, how can the sun be shining on him AND his fedora? If he's wearing a hat, he's protected. Think before you speak.

Ok, how can the sun be shining on him AND his fedora? If he's wearing a hat, he's protected. Think before you speak.

Not to belabour but just because he has protection wouldn't prevent the sun's rays from shining on him....and his fedora. Am I right? :scratchchinhmm:

I just don't understand why Moose is raining on SJ's parade.

:agree:

Now back to our regularly scheduled debate....;)

Picking nits. Clearly, if he walks with his head tilted slightly upward the suns rays can peek underneath the brim of the fedora. Also it's a fedora, not an all encompassing sun shield. While his eyes might be somewhat protected, the rest of him isn't.

YOU think before YOU speak, sAn!

Picking nits. Clearly, if he walks with his head tilted slightly upward the suns rays can peek underneath the brim of the fedora. Also it's a fedora, not an all encompassing sun shield. While his eyes might be somewhat protected, the rest of him isn't.

YOU think before YOU speak, sAn!

Wait, fedora? I meant...reflective air-tight space suit. Typo.

Archived