Conference tourneys thread

Sports Guy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember the UMD/Duke meltdown 10 years back?

UVA just one-upped them a few minutes ago. That was a BRUTAL 29 seconds.

Being a lifelong die-hard UVA basketball that was easily this is easily the worst feeling since Dan Dickau's buzzer beater against us in the tourney. I attribute most of it to Sammy Zengliski, I don't know how one of the better shooters and smarter players in the league misses 4 ft's, fight for a rebound with his own teammate and dribble it off his teammates foot out of bounds with 13 seconds left, and miss that pass, albeit it was a bad pass, but still very catchable. They performed better than expected this year when we lost to Mike Scott, but that is just a terrible note to go out on.

Remember the UMD/Duke meltdown 10 years back?

UVA just one-upped them a few minutes ago. That was a BRUTAL 29 seconds.

I had Miami in that game...Stopped watching it so that I could see the end of the Pitt/UCONN game...Had no idea Miami did that until I saw highlights a little later.

With all of the bubble teams that have won today, and with the epic egg they laid...I think they get one of the LFI games, at absolute best.

I agree...I personally feel they are out but they are right on that borderline.

But you can't be on the bubble and then lose by 20+ points to another bubble team and expect to be in the tourney.

Archived