For What It's Worth...

Belkast

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The character assasination has already begun. What injuries did he milk? The Tommy John surgery. The strained tendon in his knee, where he pitched with a knee brace after his return, or the oblique muscle, which has kept hitters out just as long. His makeup was questioned before last season and all he did was go out and have a great year. If his makeup was so bad, they why did he work so hard to get back from TJ surgery, rehabilitate his knee, and have one of the alltime best seasons of any O's pitcher ever? This stuff smells of being disliked by the press, if you ask me.

It seems like we are running him out of town like we did Murray, but I am definitely on board with trading Bedard because of what he can bring back.

OMG !

If that is true- the man needs help. If he is selfish enough to put his dislike of talking to the media ahead of his job/team- that is reason enough toget him out of town now.

The Orioles traded another pitcher for reasons unrelated to on the field performance.

Curt Shilling. I believe he was referred to as a "space cadet" or some nonsense.

I have no problem trading Bedard. Trade him based on his talent, not his demanor. Keep him if the right deal is not on the table.

I see no reason to ride him out of town on a rail for reasons completely unrelated to performance.

So here's a thought, if all this stuff is being leaked, why even offer the extension - just deal him. The O's and Bedard must know where they stand with each other by now...

Trade him and then explain it to the fans, the only way I see them wanting to offer him an extension knowing that he'll turn it down is to justify it to the fanbase and to turn Bedard into another Mussina. We the fans aren't that stupid...

The knee a few years back was a red flag for the FO. He took alot of time coming back when at the time we were playing good as a team. That is when the toughness issue began. There has since been some things that are public knowledge as well as things the public does not know about that has made is toughness come into question.

So here's a thought, if all this stuff is being leaked, why even offer the extension - just deal him. The O's and Bedard must know where they stand with each other by now...

In a rarity for the Orioles, its a good PR move. We can say we offered him a fair deal, but he didn't want to be an Oriole. That way, if the trade doesn't gain us great players, we can always say we tried to extend him but he didn't want to stay. Good PR...nothing more!

In a rarity for the Orioles, its a good PR move. We can say we offered him a fair deal, but he didn't want to be an Oriole. That way, if the trade doesn't gain us great players, we can always say we tried to extend him but he didn't want to stay. Good PR...nothing more!

Right it villifies him and turns him into another Mussina... :rolleyes:

If the trade doesn't next top MLB ready prospects, I don't care if he didn't want to stay, that's just a failure of the FO. We should be able to take somebody to the cleaners for Bedard's talent...

I agree with that. But again, this is rumor. If he really doesn't want to be here, why would his agent entertain a multi year extension. Why not just request a trade?

Not only this, if he doesn't want to be here, why are we even bothering to offer him an extension?

To save face with the fans?

Right it villifies him and turns him into another Mussina... :rolleyes:

Exactly! Think about it. Whenever someone brings up Moose, the vast majority berate him as a traitor and they boo him and curse him and everything else. Very few of us remember that he wanted to stay, but Angelos low balled him. The same will be true of Bedard. The fans will remember him as a guy who did not like his time in Baltimore, and the "Orioles" will get away scott free.

Exactly! Think about it. Whenever someone brings up Moose, the vast majority berate him as a traitor and they boo him and curse him and everything else. Very few of us remember that he wanted to stay, but Angelos low balled him. The same will be true of Bedard. The fans will remember him as a guy who did not like his time in Baltimore, and the "Orioles" will get away scott free.

And what the heck does that do for us? Sweet we get to boo another former Oriole... :rolleyes:

I'd rather deal Bedard before he turns down an extension offer, therefore forcing our hand to trade him. If other teams know that we basically have to deal him, the offers will be lower...

Archived