NEW YORK/ CONNECTICUT/ NEW JERSEY Oriole Fans

OFFNY

I got tickets to the Wednesday game in NY with the 5 dollar deal. Just over 15 for the pair not bad at all and they are upper deck behind home plate. I think the most I ever paid for a game here was 25 and that was the third to last game at the old stadium. I'm also going to Opening Day in Baltimore.

Just an FYI, I tried starting up an Orioles meetup group a few years ago and kind of gave up on it with the seeming lack of interest in the team. Now that there is all this optimism going into 2011 we should definitely plan something.

• Upvote 1

Id like to make the travel to Yankee stadium for that low price. I looked up Bus tickets, and it seems you could go from BAL to NY for 9 bucks and come back for 17 bucks. Not too bad. The only issue may be coming back because the last bus of the night leaves at 11pm. Do you think this would make an issue? Most games last 3 hours or so, and Ive never used a taxi service. It takes 20 mins for the taxi to get to the bus stop from Yankee stadium. Anyone have any advice?

I'd like to make the travel to Yankee stadium for that low price. I looked up Bus tickets, and it seems you could go from BAL to NY for 9 bucks and come back for 17 bucks. Not too bad. The only issue may be coming back because the last bus of the night leaves at 11pm. Do you think this would make an issue? Most games last 3 hours or so, and Ive never used a taxi service. It takes 20 mins for the taxi to get to the bus stop from Yankee stadium. Anyone have any advice ?

Check your Private Messages. :)

I'm going to all three games on the 12th, 13th, and 14th. When the time gets nearer, perhaps we can all meet up at one of the diners around the corner of a couple of hours before one of the games, or even several of the games. :)

For the 12th, I just got four tickes for $4 apiece, plus the service fee on Stub Hub. They were even cheaper than the ones I got for $5 off of the Yankee website.

Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees Tickets

Date: 04-12-2011 07:05 PM EST

TICKETS: 4

PRICE PER TICKET: $4.00

SUBTOTAL: $16.00

SERVICE FEE: $ 5.00

E-DELIVERY SERVICE: $4.95

ORDER TOTAL: $25.95

Friday is only a few days away. Anybody up for a get-together ?

I would but I am going to be out of town. Originally I was going to stay at my parents' house for the weekend and go to OD with my dad on Monday. Well, they had already planned a trip to Lancaster for the weekend so I am joining them there Friday and then after heading back to Maryland on Sunday am going to the game Monday. Hope they have MASN in the hotel. :thumbsup1:

BTW, if you have cable MLB Extra Innings has a free preview through April 10th. And then after that is the Yankee series so realistically you could watch every single game either on TV or live in the first two weeks of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this thread up wondering who is going. I ended up getting tickets to all three games. Tue and Wed will be upper deck behind home plate, and my friend got lower level tickets from the MLB Fan Cave giveaway (they were handing them out on the street apparently if you posted a FB photo or something). Only worry is there is a 70 percent chance of rain on Tuesday and 40 percent Wednesday. If there ends up being a postponed game this week (and I know the Yankees will do a day/night doubleheader with two separate admissions), I'm probably going to exchange for the July series.

YANKEE TAVERN

72 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY

718-292-6130

OK. This is an easy place to find, one block from Yankee Stadium. We could all meet here on any day that you are going, anytime between 5 PM and 7 PM. On Tuesday, I'll be slightly pressed for time, so I'll be there between 5:30 and 6:00. On Wednesday and Thursday I'll be there plenty early (by 5 PM). If anyone would like to meet sooner than 5 PM on either Wednesday or Thursday, let me know, and I'll meet you there whenever you like. I'll be there for all 3 games, so just PM me if you have any questions.

P.S. PARKING Parking at or around Yankee Stadium is anywhere between $24 and $29. Not only that, but you will probably be held up for about an hour after the game with all of the other cars. I always park for free on the street, about 5 blocks or more from the stadium. Plus, I get out a little quicker, because there aren't 20,000 other cars in the same parking lot(s), like there are in the Yankee Stadium lots. You can drive north on the Grand Concourse, or any other avenue/street going in that direction away from the Stadium, and park anwhere between 166th and 172nd street. Even if you park 10 or 12 blocks away, it is only a 10-15 minute walk. You may get luckier and find a spot closer, but try to get at least 5 blocks away from the stadium, because there is no free parking in that area on game days. If you are only comfortable parking at the stadium, please do, this is only a suggestion. :)

OFFNY

YANKEE TAVERN

72 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY

718-292-6130

OK. This is an easy place to find, one block from Yankee Stadium. We could all meet here on any day that you are going, anytime between 5 PM and 7 PM. On Tuesday, I'll be slightly pressed for time, so I'll be there between 5:30 and 6:00. On Wednesday and Thursday I'll be there plenty early (by 5 PM). If anyone would like to meet sooner than 5 PM on either Wednesday or Thursday, let me know, and I'll meet you there whenever you like. I'll be there for all 3 games, so just PM me if you have any questions.

P.S. PARKING Parking at or around Yankee Stadium is anywhere between $24 and $29. Not only that, but you will probably be held up for about an hour after the game with all of the other cars. I always park for free on the street, about 5 blocks or more from the stadium. Plus, I get out a little quicker, because there aren't 20,000 other cars in the same parking lot(s), like there are in the Yankee Stadium lots. You can drive north on the Grand Concourse, or any other avenue/street going in that direction away from the Stadium, and park anwhere between 166th and 172nd street. Even if you park 10 or 12 blocks away, it is only a 10-15 minute walk. You may get luckier and find a spot closer, but try to get at least 5 blocks away from the stadium, because there is no free parking in that area on game days. If you are only comfortable parking at the stadium, please do, this is only a suggestion. :)

OFFNY

Will let you know if I can make it to the bar for a pregame beer. I'll be taking the subway to the game. This is a first for me, I've only done two games in a row before, never three. Of course those were in the last series of the year in Baltimore and both were cancelled after 7 innings due to rain because they were meaningless.

Edited by actorgersh