On MASN March 19 O's v Philles

weams

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that Bobby Orr's son on second?

What else would an Orr from Ontario wear? Pete's not related to Bobby, the Bruins great, but has worn the number since youth hockey. "My teammates always wanted me to wear number 4," says Pete, who dad often showed him film of Bobby Orr and whose middle name, like Bobby's, is Gordon. Bobby finds Pete's imitation flattering — "I'm honored if I had a positive influence on someone," he has said. Pete, meanwhile, says he got his 4 before asking for it. "The Braves said they gave it to me because it was the lowest number available, that it had nothing to do with him."

What else would an Orr from Ontario wear? Pete's not related to Bobby, the Bruins great, but has worn the number since youth hockey. "My teammates always wanted me to wear number 4," says Pete, who dad often showed him film of Bobby Orr and whose middle name, like Bobby's, is Gordon. Bobby finds Pete's imitation flattering — "I'm honored if I had a positive influence on someone," he has said. Pete, meanwhile, says he got his 4 before asking for it. "The Braves said they gave it to me because it was the lowest number available, that it had nothing to do with him."

Those crazy Canucks and their crazy sports, eh?

Archived