3/23 vs. Twins at 7:05pm

ChrisAF79

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the point is that the pitching coaches, managers, and catchers should believe their own lying eyes as to whether or not a pitcher is tired, and not the number of pitches and/or innings pitched. On one particular day, a pitcher might not be tired in the eighth inning. Two weeks later, for whatever reason, that same pitcher might be tired in the third inning. I like the idea of not necessarily yanking a pitcher if he has thrown 130 pitches, and by the same token, not hesitating to yank a pitcher if he seems flat after only 35 pitches.

Last year for the O's:

Guthrie 88-117 pitches

Matusz 52-117 pitches (I am excluding a game where he was pulled after one inning due to an injury)

Millwood 45-120 pitches

Bergesen 54-114 pitches

Arrieta 54-114 pitches

Tillman 44-109 pitches

For the Rangers:

Wilson 75-121 pitches

Lewis 66-119 pitches

Feldman 63-120 pitches

Hunter 35-117 pitches

Lee 92-118 pitches (Texas only; 7 of his 8 highest pitch counts were with Seattle)

Harden 65-120 pitches

Really, the differences there are pretty trivial. I'd say the Orioles were a lot quicker to pull their pitchers when they were flat.

agree, but we have nada after him, no competition. This is a big

hole. Could Britton be our LOOGY? It is extreme, but we need one and Rapada isn't it.

No way would they take him out of the rotation to work in the pen in the majors.

Izzy pops out to CF.

Archived