Vito Frabizio: Bank Robber

Remember The Alomar

Remember him?

An accomplice, 21-year-old Vito Frabizio of Deer Park, was also arrested and charged with one count of robbery for allegedly helping Schneider in the Feb. 23 robbery.

Link

Mr. Frabizio allegedly acted as the getaway driver
Mr. Groneman said both men admitted that they pulled the robberies because they were trying to get money to buy heroin

Link

Sad.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure the WSJ article says they both confessed.

Even if so, they're presumed innocent.

Do we know--for sure--that the article is accurate?

Do we know the circumstances of the confession, or even what he really said?

Do we know that all the formalities were involved in informing him of his rights?

Do we know that he won't change his mind and retract his statement tomorrow?

Until a judge or a jury says that he's guilty, he isn't.

Do we know that all the formalities were involved in informing him of his rights?

I am aware of the guiding principal behind the US justice system.

This isn't like the Simon situation where no one had any clue what was going on and where there were conflicting reports coming out by the day; the whole issue seems pretty straightforward. Also, it's not like I'm citing the Tiny Town Tribune--the WSJ is a media source that I consider trustworthy. Especially on such a minor new story in which there is no conflicting interest.

If you're gripe is based around the fact that I didn't put the word "allegedly" in my post title, then yes, technically you're correct. However, I think you may be trying to make your point stronger then you need to be. It's not like I posted in my OP "FRABAZIO IS THE NEXT DILLINGER!!!! LOL!!!" without any cited sources.

Dammit. If this is all true, I can't for the life of me understand how a kid like Vito goes from being so full of life and so popular among his peers to driving the getaway car in bank robberies intended to fund his heroin habit.

I know that he was released as Tony said (from what he heard) due to "his attitude."

Do you think this possible-heroin addiction led to his release and his bad attitude?

That if for a court of law. We are allowed to think and say what we want.

I know that he was released as Tony said (from what he heard) due to "his attitude."

Do you think this possible-heroin addiction led to his release and his bad attitude?

Very, very possible. Maybe he even burnt a urine test and they quietly let him go. Who knows.

Dammit. If this is all true, I can't for the life of me understand how a kid like Vito goes from being so full of life and so popular among his peers to driving the getaway car in bank robberies intended to fund his heroin habit.

Read your last couple of words and you'll understand. Heroin is about as ruinous as a drug can be.

That if for a court of law. We are allowed to think and say what we want.

You are half correct. We are free to think what we want, but laws against slander and libel apply to what we express. You can't call someone a bank robber until a court has found him guilty.

You are half correct. We are free to think what we want, but laws against slander and libel apply to what we express. You can't call someone a bank robber until a court has found him guilty.

You feel the need to parse the language too much.

You are seriously Lucky Jimming this thread and that's not a compliment. If the kid confessed, he's a bank robber. Yes, we all understand you are a lawyer and by law you are 100 percent right, but for discussion purposes there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling him a bank robber IF he confessed.

I think you know quite well that no one is going to be sued for slander or libel because they called a confessed bank robber a bank robber before they were officially found guilty.

Please, please, please don't become another Lucky Jim around here.

I honestly never heard the "real" reason for his quick release, but young projectionable pitchers don't get released prior to their 2nd minor league seasons after a solid 1st pro season unless the team has serious reservations about their character.

If this story is true, than the Orioles decision was a smart one.

Archived