Showalter gives Fox an earful

ChaosLex

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is this is the ST equivalent of trying to bunt to break up a perfect game...

In ST the objectives are different, so I could see being up 13-3 with a minor leaguer on the mound, that you would take in that situation.

But the Tigers did score 6 more runs.

If this was a regular season game, I'm sure Buck would have no problem having him swing away.

My guess is Buck was more ticked that Fox ignored the take sign or something like that and that it was a reoccurance.

My guess is this is the ST equivalent of trying to bunt to break up a perfect game...

In ST the objectives are different, so I could see being up 13-3 with a minor leaguer on the mound, that you would take in that situation.

But the Tigers did score 6 more runs.

If this was a regular season game, I'm sure Buck would have no problem having him swing away.

My guess is Buck was more ticked that Fox ignored the take sign or something like that and that it was a reoccurance.

Yeah, I think there's more to it. He might have a hard time getting through to Fox or perhaps this is a growing trend.

I've gotten the impression in the past few weeks that Buck is not sold on Fox at all. He seemed to belittle his hitting accomplishments and kept emphasizing that Fox had defensive weaknesses. I have a feeling that Buck will cut him and use this as an excuse . He did the same thing with Reimold; I suspect he had no intention to even consider keeping Nolan because of the waiver situation, but was not upfront with him (and us).

I hope we don't have a manager that feeds us BS.

It's spring training. Jake Fox could essentially be auditioning for a role with another team in a few weeks/months. And it's only spring training in case I didn't already put that out there.

Spring training to someone trying to make a team is equivalent to the playoffs.

Just putting that out there.

I've gotten the impression in the past few weeks that Buck is not sold on Fox at all. He seemed to belittle his hitting accomplishments and kept emphasizing that Fox had defensive weaknesses. I have a feeling that Buck will cut him and use this as an excuse . He did the same thing with Reimold; I suspect he had no intention to even consider keeping Nolan because of the waiver situation, but was not upfront with him (and us).

I hope we don't have a manager that feeds us BS.

Hey!! That is his initials. :)

The problem with this is that Jake Fox is playing the game the wrong way, and more importantly, he's putting his teammates at risk. You think Leyland will hesitate to drill one of our guys because of this? You can't pull this crap.

So we get a free base because leyland decides to be a jackass? We win.

Archived