Britton optioned to AAA

Pedro Cerrano

I created it because it was newsworthy.

Didn't we already know this yesterday? I mean the transaction might have gone through today, but we already knew what was happening. Anyway, not really directed at you, but I'm just sick of everyone arguing with him when they know he's not going to listen.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From PECOTA, Britton (4.94/1.57 WHIP) is predicted to have a higher ERA/WHIP than both Tillman (4.69/1.48) and Bergesen (4.92/1.44).

Shave a full run, A FULL RUN off of Britton's projection. In a max of 3 starts, that projects out to be....half a win tops?

Joe Sheehan wrote that the Brewers would lose about a win per month while Grienke is out. That's going from the staff ace to a AAAA starter for 6 starts. Going from an unproven but talented rookie to an unproven but talented second year player isn't even close to a full win.

Can we put this nonsense to bed once and for all now? Didn't think so.

Didn't we already know this yesterday? I mean the transaction might have gone through today, but we already knew what was happening. Anyway, not really directed at you, but I'm just sick of everyone arguing with him when they know he's not going to listen.

If Pedro (or anyone else for that matter) hadn't started a thread, you can bet your bottom dollar Trea would've.

Honestly, I know this is going to get into a JTrea thread, but the CBA needs to be changed so this doesn't happen anymore.

The Orioles are doing the exact right thing under the current rules, but it's clear Britton is one the best five starters in the organization and is only going down due to this stupid rule.

Let's hope the next CBA will get rid of the rule or makes something similar to the Super-2 date in June so teams will have to really think, can we hold off until then?

If the rest of the rotation is as brutal as this post suggests, aren't we screwed either way? Britton can only pitch every 5th day. In an odd way, saying that he's the key to having a successful April on the mound actually supports the argument that we should hold off on bringing him up at the start of the year.

If Arrieta/Bergesen/Matusz/Tillman struggle, then we will struggle.

Look at where that 3rd starter's games fall though.

We could lose the first two games at Tampa, and the third starter could stop the streak. Then the third starter pitches the opening game of the series vs. the AL Champ Rangers and could set the tone for that series. And the third starter could once again stop a losing streak and salvage the final game of the Yankees series.

So you have games against our AL East rivals where that third starter could prevent a series sweep and one series where they would have the opening game vs. the defending AL Champs.

Those are major games that could determine the tone of the season and mindset of the team early. And we want to see Tillman or Bergesen pitch those?

Honestly, I know this is going to get into a JTrea thread, but the CBA needs to be changed so this doesn't happen anymore.

The Orioles are doing the exact right thing under the current rules, but it's clear Britton is one the best five starters in the organization and is only going down due to this stupid rule.

Let's hope the next CBA will get rid of the rule or makes something similar to the Super-2 date in June so teams will have to really think, can we hold off until then?

I agree with this Tony...The rule stinks and its totally unfair to Britton.

But that doesn't mean its a move the Orioles shouldn't make..They have to and by doing this, it will have no impact on this year and only helps them long term.

I agree with this Tony...The rule stinks and its totally unfair to Britton.

But that doesn't mean its a move the Orioles shouldn't make..They have to and by doing this, it will have no impact on this year and only helps them long term.

It will have an impact this year. Just how major or minor that impact is will be determined by how well and consistent our offense performs to begin the season.

If Tillman or Bergesen and the bullpen combined give up 6-7 runs a game in those games as their history says they will, as long as our offense scores 7 or 8 we'll be fine.

From PECOTA, Britton (4.94/1.57 WHIP) is predicted to have a higher ERA/WHIP than both Tillman (4.69/1.48) and Bergesen (4.92/1.44).

Shave a full run, A FULL RUN off of Britton's projection. In a max of 3 starts, that projects out to be....half a win tops?

Joe Sheehan wrote that the Brewers would lose about a win per month while Grienke is out. That's going from the staff ace to a AAAA starter for 6 starts. Going from an unproven but talented rookie to an unproven but talented second year player isn't even close to a full win.

Can we put this nonsense to bed once and for all now? Didn't think so.

This post wins the thread, hands down, no questions.

It will have an impact this year. Just how major or minor that impact is will be determined by how well and consistent our offense performs to begin the season.

Its not likely that it will....and the only impact is the one you perceive in your head. You are assuming he will come up and win and be the better pitcher.

You don't know that.

Look at where that 3rd starter's games fall though.

We could lose the first two games at Tampa, and the third starter could stop the streak. Then the third starter pitches the opening game of the series vs. the AL Champ Rangers and could set the tone for that series. And the third starter could once again stop a losing streak and salvage the final game of the Yankees series.

So you have games against our AL East rivals where that third starter could prevent a series sweep and one series where they would have the opening game vs. the defending AL Champs.

Those are major games that could determine the tone of the season and mindset of the team early. And we want to see Tillman or Bergesen pitch those?

You act as though its a forgone conclusion that Britton is gonna shut down everyone he pitches against. Seriously Trea? You said earlier "Dip, you're better than this." and I apologized to you. Well, I'm gonna shoot that back at you. You can't really expect Britton to appear with little AAA experience and win every game he starts in the Majors.

If Tillman or Bergesen and the bullpen combined give up 6-7 runs a game in those games as their history says they will, as long as our offense scores 7 or 8 we'll be fine.

No, it will be determined by how the whole team does, as always. Tillman and Bergesen have both pitched well against good teams in the past, it is absolutely stupid to assume that they will be bad for sure. Also, why are you ignoring the pitch limit argument posted earlier? Is it because you have no argument against it? Yea, thought so.

No, it will be determined by how the whole team does, as always. Tillman and Bergesen have both pitched well against good teams in the past, it is absolutely stupid to assume that they will be bad for sure. Also, why are you ignoring the pitch limit argument posted earlier? Is it because you have no argument against it? Yea, thought so.

Look at their performance vs. these teams.

Bergesen and Tillman have both been lit up by Tampa so that's the first big test.

The pitch limit is something the Orioles could solve by going to a 6 man rotation in September for example.

Archived